Budget 21-30k Need a new/upgraded office PC - help!

vebk

Adept
    1. What is your budget?
      • 20-30K (preferably 20K)
    2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
      • CPU - AMD Athlon X4-630
      • Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H
      • GPU - MSI R 5770
      • RAM - GSkill 2GB x 2 (F3-10600CL9S)
      • Monitor - Dell 2409
      • PSU - CM Extreme Power 460W
      • Chassis - CM Elite 330
      • Hard Drives - Samsung Evo 120GB SSD, 500GB and 250GB (latter two pretty full - but can delete a bunch if required)
    3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
      1. GPU - MSI R 5770 (Don't intend on playing games on this machine as it's now in my home office so can sell this off as well).
      2. Monitor - Dell S2409W (though may upgrade in a bigger and higher resolution monitor in the next year or so).
      3. PSU - CM Extreme Power 460W (open to upgrading)
      4. Hard Drives - Samsung Evo 120GB SSD, 500GB and 250GB
    4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
      • CPU - Does the i3 6100 seem appropriate?
      • Motherboard - No clue - open to suggestions. But need one that can support one SSD and 2 regular HDDs, as well as a USB 3 card.
      • RAM - 8GB should be fine, I think.
      • Chassis - Need the slimmest possible one, that can support the above config.
      • Power supply - If needed.
    5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
      • No upgrades planned in the near future (am only upgrading this machine after 7 years!), but may upgrade monitor in the near future.
    6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
      • Delhi - Nehru Place
      • Open to online purchase
    7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
      • Sure
    8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
      • Basic office use
      • HD movies, TV shows etc.
      • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
      • Nil
    10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
      • Don't intend on using this for games at all.
    11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
      1. Currently on a 8 year old 1920x1080 Dell monitor. It serves my purpose, but may look for an upgrade in size and resolution in the near future.
    12. Are you looking to overclock?
      • No
    13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
      • Currently using Windows 8.1
      • Would prefer to use Windows 10

1. What is your budget?
      • 20-30K (preferably 20K)
    2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
      • CPU - AMD Athlon X4-630
      • Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H
      • GPU - MSI R 5770
      • RAM - GSkill 2GB x 2 (F3-10600CL9S)
      • Monitor - Dell 2409
      • PSU - CM Extreme Power 460W
      • Chassis - CM Elite 330
      • Hard Drives - Samsung Evo 120GB SSD, 500GB and 250GB (latter two pretty full - but can delete a bunch if required)
    3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
      1. GPU - MSI R 5770 (Don't intend on playing games on this machine as it's now in my home office so can sell this off as well).
      2. Monitor - Dell S2409W (though may upgrade in a bigger and higher resolution monitor in the next year or so).
      3. PSU - CM Extreme Power 460W (open to upgrading)
      4. Hard Drives - Samsung Evo 120GB SSD, 500GB and 250GB
    4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
      • CPU - Does the i3 6100 seem appropriate?
      • Motherboard - No clue - open to suggestions. But need one that can support one SSD and 2 regular HDDs, as well as a USB 3 card.
      • RAM - 8GB should be fine, I think.
      • Chassis - Need the slimmest possible one, that can support the above config.
      • Power supply - If needed.
    5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
      • No upgrades planned in the near future (am only upgrading this machine after 7 years!), but may upgrade monitor in the near future.
    6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
      • Delhi - Nehru Place
      • Open to online purchase
    7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
      • Sure
    8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
      • Basic office use
      • HD movies, TV shows etc.
      • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
      • Nil
    10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
      • Don't intend on using this for games at all.
    11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
      1. Currently on a 8 year old 1920x1080 Dell monitor. It serves my purpose, but may look for an upgrade in size and resolution in the near future.
    12. Are you looking to overclock?
      • No
    13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
      • Currently using Windows 8.1
      • Would prefer to use Windows 10

1) CPU - i3 6100 (8-8.5k)
2) motherboard - h110 (4-4.5k)
3) Ram - single stick 8gb ddr4 2133 mhz (2.5-3k)
4) case - any case for rest money.

Any recommendations as to Motherboard and Case?

there are many h110 motherboards from different brands i can't look all of them any h110 motherboard would suffice ....

for ex. if your monitor has vga port for display look for motherboard which has a vga port ( if its old likely it would have vga port)

if it has dvi look for motherboard which has dvi port.

and if monitor has hdmi port and so on .... u get the idea

get the deepcool kendomen case u can find it for 3-3.5k in nehru place.

Budget -22.7K

Intel Core i3 6100 -8500,
Gigabyte H110M-S2 -4500,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4 -2700,
Antec GX300 -3700,
Antec VP550P -3300.
Total -22,700.

Thanks all for the suggestions. I don't like the Gigabyte motherboard as it only has a VGA port. Not even DVI forget HDMI. I saw that there are tons of options, so will look for more. Considering I am either retaining my case, or as per your suggestions still keeping a mid size tower, why shouldn't I get a larger motherboard so that I am a bit futureproofed (more USB ports, maybe USB -C etc) than the H100M platform?

Thanks all for the suggestions. I don't like the Gigabyte motherboard as it only has a VGA port. Not even DVI forget HDMI. I saw that there are tons of options, so will look for more. Considering I am either retaining my case, or as per your suggestions still keeping a mid size tower, why shouldn't I get a larger motherboard so that I am a bit futureproofed (more USB ports, maybe USB -C etc) than the H100M platform?
Gigabyte B150M-D3H -7000.

there are other options too in gigabyte ..... msi has one h110 motherboard with hdmi ...... u can get atx motherboard (h110) they will be 1k expensive obviously than h110m ....... but u won't get that much features extra just some additional pcie slots for wifi card , sound card and stuff ...... atx motherboard makes more sense if you are running dual & triple graphics card ..... but as u are not doing that h110m (matx) would make much more sense ....

So have decided to get a new desktop altogether, and only retaining my SSD. Keeping most of the specifications at what you guys have recommended. As for the motherboard, I am thinking of the Asus B150M-Plus. Anyone have any opinions on that?
Still have to figure out the cabinet though.

Back