Budget 0-20k Need a rig for Programming and used for working in Unity ENGINE

jom jose

Disciple
Need New PC config Under 22K

Q: What is your budget?
Ans -

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
Ans - None

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Ans -
None

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
Ans -
Processor : Any AMD/Intel processor ( for my working )
RAM : 4gb
Hard Disk : 250 GB( I would expand it later)
Monitor : 18.5inch would be sufficient
Motherboard : I want this to be an excellent one.(Because I know, then only I can Upgrade in Future.)

Speaker : no need
Keyboard/Mouse : no need

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Ans -
Yes. I will Upgrade the components in future, but not within 8months.
Maybe more RAM and a Graphics Card

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Ans -
Online Purchase ( Flipkart )

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
Ans -
No. Except for Hard disk, because I know the price is too high nowadays. But I strongly prefer a new one.

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Ans -
Programming
Working with Game Engines like Unity
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Ans -

Any brands which is better and good after-sales service.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Ans -
Most probably I will be playing medium graphic games.

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Ans -
Most suitable and good for 2-3 year (as per the latest movies 1080p and 720p must look good).

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Ans -
No.

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Ans -
Windows 7 64bit, Ubuntu 64bit.

I don't need a gpu for a while. I will buy it, when I have enough cash.

Please post your valuable replies..I am waiting for you guys.

22k is a very tight budget to get a system for game development.

CPU - Athlon II X2 - 260 - 3500 ( supports virtualization, is cheap, and can be upgraded without a m/b change)
Motherboard- Asus M5A88-M/M5A97 - 5400/6600 ( so that you can expand to an 8 core processor in the future)
RAM - 4GB - 1300
GPU -AMD 6670 - 6000
PSU - Corsair 430w - 2800
HDD -250gb - Rs.3400

Thats the minimum you'll need. Comes to between 22500 -24000.
The monitor will not fit in that budget.

22k is a very tight budget to get a system for game development.

CPU - Athlon II X2 - 260 - 3500 ( supports virtualization, is cheap, and can be upgraded without a m/b change)
Motherboard- Asus M5A88-M/M5A97 - 5400/6600 ( so that you can expand to an 8 core processor in the future)
RAM - 4GB - 1300
GPU -AMD 6670 - 6000
PSU - Corsair 430w - 2800
HDD -250gb - Rs.3400

Thats the minimum you'll need. Comes to between 22500 -24000.
The monitor will not fit in that budget.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.
What about not buying the "GPU -AMD 6670" now..
And can you specify the brand for RAM and Hard disk also frequency of RAM.

the minimum requirements for the unity are any graphic card built after 2004 so the on board gpu may work but will not perform well.

Ok.
You don't specify anwser for these questions :
And can you specify the brand for RAM and Hard disk also frequency of RAM.
And also suggest me a monitor for my purpose ?

jom jose Instead of AMD Athelon X2 you can go for this setup-
AMD A6 3650-5.2k[The AMD A6 IGP includes HD6530 gpu which is good enough to play HD movies and games]
Gigabyte GA-A75M-S2V-4.2k
Corsair Xms3 2X2GB 1600mhz-1.5k
Corsair CX430V2- 2.3k
Segate 500GB 7200RPM-4k OR You can get Second hand HDD from TE Market
Zebronics bijli-1.2k
With AMD A6 3650 you won't need to add external gpu as it's IGP is good enough,Also If you add HD6670 later then you'll have a Crossfire dual gpu setup combining the IGP+External HD6670.
Hope this helps.:)

If you want a full HD monitor then go for Dell ST2220-8.5k and if you want 20" then Dell ST2030M-6.5k is a good choice.

The Dell ST2220 comes in two flavours --
ST2220L -- this one is a 22" full HD, LED backlit TN-panel based monitor, it comes with a HDMI-IN [1.3] connector alongside VGA and DVI-D IN.
ST2220M -- this one is physically similar to the above monitor but lacks a HDMI-IN connector.

The Dell IN2030M ~6500/- is a 20" monitor with an aspect ratio of 16:9 with a maximum supported resolution of 1600 x900. It is also LED backlit and limited in connectivity options till a DVI-D IN connector. It has a matte finish screen and body.

AMD A6 3650-5.2k[The AMD A6 IGP includes HD6530 gpu which is good enough to play HD movies and games]

The Trinity processors work on a new socket FM2 so OP cannot upgrade this RIG later.

@jom jose the best configuration you can go for in my opinion is an Intel one --
Intel Pentium G620 ~3500/- [you can upgrade this later to up-to a Core i7 3770]
Intel DH67-BL ~5500/-
Corsair XMS3 OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 1600MHz ~1700/- [add another similar RAM module for dual-channel advantage]
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ~4000/- [OR try to get a second hand piece under warranty from the Member's Market]
HP [boxed] optical drive ~1000/-
NZXT Gamma ~2600/- [if you live close to Bombay try to source this cabinet] OR Bit Fenix Merc Alpha ~2800/- [from flipkart]
Seasonic S12II 520W ~4600/- [from flipkart] -- as you said you want to add components later you will need an SMPS more substantial that the Corsair CX V2430W.
AMD HD 6670 ~4800/- [optional, add a proper graphics card later]
Dell ST2220L ~8500/-
APC BR650VA-IN ~2800/- [a UPS is a must to safeguard your PC's health]

I know this goes way out of your budget but you will get a much better upgrade path and performance with this RIG.
AMD Athlon IIx2 versus Intel Pentium G620.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

P.S. -- all prices are local and indicative, prices online can be higher by a margin of ~200/- -->500/- INR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seasonic S12ii 520W-3.7k locally,Flipkart is posting prices much more than it should be.Well this config is going little over the budget it's op's call,You're right about the upgrading but it'd given better performance.
The Dell ST2220 comes in two flavours --
ST2220L -- this one is a 22" full HD, LED backlit TN-panel based monitor, it comes with a HDMI-IN [1.3] connector alongside VGA and DVI-D IN.
ST2220M -- this one is physically similar to the above monitor but lacks a HDMI-IN connector.

The Dell IN2030M ~6500/- is a 20" monitor with an aspect ratio of 16:9 with a maximum supported resolution of 1600 x900. It is also LED backlit and limited in connectivity options till a DVI-D IN connector. It has a matte finish screen and body.

The Trinity processors work on a new socket FM2 so OP cannot upgrade this RIG later.

jom jose the best configuration you can go for in my opinion is an Intel one --
Intel Pentium G620 ~3500/- [you can upgrade this later to up-to a Core i7 3770]
Intel DH67-BL ~5500/-
Corsair XMS3 OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 1600MHz ~1700/- [add another similar RAM module for dual-channel advantage]
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ~4000/- [OR try to get a second hand piece under warranty from the Member's Market]
HP [boxed] optical drive ~1000/-
NZXT Gamma ~2600/- [if you live close to Bombay try to source this cabinet] OR Bit Fenix Merc Alpha ~2800/- [from flipkart]
Seasonic S12II 520W ~4600/- [from flipkart] -- as you said you want to add components later you will need an SMPS more substantial that the Corsair CX V2430W.
AMD HD 6670 ~4800/- [optional, add a proper graphics card later]
Dell ST2220L ~8500/-
APC BR650VA-IN ~2800/- [a UPS is a must to safeguard your PC's health]

I know this goes way out of your budget but you will get a much better upgrade path and performance with this RIG.
AMD Athlon IIx2 versus Intel Pentium G620.

P.S. -- all prices are local and indicative, prices online can be higher by a margin of ~200/- -->500/- INR.

Seasonic S12ii 520W-3.7k locally,Flipkart is posting prices much more than it should be; you're right about the upgrading but it'd given better performance.

Problem OP is sourcing his components from flipkart so we have to verify prices from there and current price is hovering around ~4600/- [over-priced to hell, buy local]. Definitely the performance and upgrade-ability is better on the Intel system.

I am really happy that you guys are helping me a lot..
but currently I am lacking enough money to buy.,and I cant wait for money now.. SORRY :(

I like the following things : processor : Athlon II X2 3500
motherboard: Motherboard-Asus M5A88-M/M5A97 5400
ram : Corsair Xms3 2X2GB 1600mhz 1500

TOTAL : 10400rs

Now please help me :
cabinet + smps + ups +hard disk(second hand) <=10000rs

* I dont need graphics card right now
:(

@jom jose you needn't be sorry. It is your choice but, I reiterate that you go for the following configuration instead of AMD Athlon IIx2 --

Intel G620 ~3500/-
Intel DH67-BL ~5500/-
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x1 1600MHz ~1600/-

This is because of the following reason --
  • the motherboard listed by me can accept Intel's latest Ivy-Bridge processor's [after a BIOS flash] and they can outperform AMD's Bulldozer offerings by quite a decent margin;
  • the Pentium G620 beats the Athlon IIx2 black and blue as well as consumes lesser power -- AnandTech - Bench - CPU;
  • since you do not want the graphics to be top notch as of now going for Intel is better [you get a better processor at the cost of mediocre graphics while in AMD you get a decent processor with a decent IGP];
  • the AMD Athlon II family is EoL but the Instel Sandy-Bridge processors are still under active support and production.

For your latter requirements this is what I suggest --

Bit Fenix Merc Alpha ~2800/-
Seasonic S12II 520W ~3800/-
APC BR800VA-IN ~3800/- [you can contact APC India and they will guide you to the closest APC retailer / distributor in your region + give you the best prices]
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB --> you will have to scour the Member's Market yourself and we will keep our ears pricked for any deals.

Hope this helps. Cheerio!!

P.S. -- I have hyperlinked appropriate articles, benchmarks to the text; the ones with a dotted underline and blue text signify the same

Thanks now I can really buy my pc :yahoo:, I will go with your configuration. Your suggestions are well researched . RESPECT :sign2ewrewr9:

Can you tell me one more thing.. why you chose these models and brands ? I mean advantages, curious to know..

Bit Fenix Merc Alpha
Seasonic S12II 520W
APC BR800VA-IN

Can you tell me one more thing.. why you chose these models and brands ? I mean advantages, curious to know.

Thanks for the compliments Jom, I am flattered. The reason I have suggested the above components are varied --

Bit Fenix Merc Alpha --
  • available on flipkart.
  • Has better airflow than the Cooler Master eLite series cabinets;
  • full black interiors;
  • a good competitor to the well recieved NZXT Gamma [which unfortunately is not to be found on flipkart]
  • negatives is that you will need to add a few fans in the cabinet.
  • Here is a review for the same --> Bitfenix Merc Alpha Mid ATX Tower PC Chassis Review- Hardware BBQ.

Seasonic S12II 520W is a great SMPS --
  • maintains efficiency at all loads, in-fact easily can be rated for 80+ Silver;
  • good selection of cables;
  • Seasonic was the original OEM designer and supplier for Corsair SMPS;
  • Cons are its slightly shorter cables. Here is the review for the same --> Seasonic S12 II Bronze 520W Review.

My uncle is in mumbai.. And he told he will try to buy the items,, he is coming next week..
-->can you please help me with me prices in mumbai????
-->And from where he should buy???

Processor : Intel G620
MotherBoard: Intel DH67-BL
Ram : Corsair Vengeance 4GB x1 1600MHz
Cabinet : Bit Fenix Merc Alpha
Smps : Seasonic S12II 520W
Ups : APC BR800VA-IN
Harddisk : WD Caviar Blue 500 GB

Also since I am buying from Mumbai.. @ALPHA17 : if you want to suggest any changes in CONFIGURATION please tell me .

@jom jose in that case you can get the following --

NZXT Gamma ~2600/- [the original budget case], should be easily available from Prime ABGB OR The I.T. Lounge @Lamington Rd.
Seasonic S12II 620W ~4600/-, the rate at which flipkart sells its younger sibling this 100W incremented power supply is available on the street.

Rest all components are fine as they are, hope this helped. Cheerio!!

Back