Need a smartphone, pls suggest

Aphro_EVO

Disciple
I am looking to buy a new phone. My consideration set comprises of

Nokia E72 v/s BB Bold 9700
HTC Desire v/s Samsung Galaxy S -- cheap build, plasticky

In the end I am going to buy only one of these phones, but I am not able to decide which of these 2 categories of phones to use. And then which exact model. I am already a happy iPhone 3G user looking for a change.

What I am looking for in my next phone -
  • Emailing/push mail
  • Easy Text Messaging
  • Decent Camera
  • Easy and efficient web browsing
  • A decent loudspeaker
  • Looks/Aesthetic value

The cons that I could think of
E72 - Symbian OS
BB Bold - Offers nothing more than E72 ?
HTC Desire - Will feel similar to iPhone
Samsung Galaxy S - Bigger screen but cheap plasticky shell. iPhone lookalike.

Do suggest one of these or something else out there which might be even better and fits the bill.

Thanks

Galaxy S gets my vote. Now that I am used to 4" screen, I find 3.7" iPhone and others too small. And hardware is superb and the work Android community is doing for this device is exemplary. For around 27K I believe it's the best device.

First Decide your preference. These are totally two different sets of Phone. Like Nokia E72 OR BB 9700 are qwerty phones(physical keyboard) so much helpful for guys who are too much into email sms . Like for Me I have Ipod Touch on which i was never comfortable in typing and so i preferred a qwerty phone as per my convenience.

Saying that Samsung Galaxy S is really a power packed phone but I will again advise you to decide what's your preference is.

If you are adding BB 9700 do look out for BB 9300 curve 3G and BB torch(if it's available in India). I recently exchanged my Samsung B7610 in lieu of BB 9300 3G from my Bro and I am pretty happy with it except the screen resolution.

Nokia E72 though with the new upgrade(.51) , it's somewhat stable but go to different nokia forums and you will find that customers are still facing lots of trouble and cursing their decision to buy one.That was one of the biggest reason for me to go against Nokia E72. Rather you can look out for Nokia E71.

if u use it for browsing then bb 9700 is the first one out , nokia e72 not good at all would recomment the bb over the nokia ...samsung galaxy s has a good camera but no flash .. it does take good pictueres in night mode nu still no flash is a big issue .. that leaves the desire ..the desire has everything u want flash , music , decent camera , fast browsing and android 2.2 .

but i if i were to give u a suggestion other than all these 4 then my vote goes to the new blackberry torch .. awesome phone , best of both worlds . music playback is decent , camera is nice as well , push email is unbeatable , web browsing now matches the iphone 4 , battery life is great too , perfect for typing emails , good speaker and bbm + looks very nice too ... bb torch now costs 30k .. since its not launched here u can get an AT& T unlocked unit which works fine too .. dont worry about the warranty it should work fine .. bbs are built solid ... get the torch .

Simply speaking, you have just mentioned 4 phones out of which 3 should satisfy your needs (BTW, E72 has a hopeless camera)... Boils down to one thing simply: Are you comfortable using touchscreen typing, do you play games on the phone otherwise all the 3 are evenly matched and each has its trumpcards.. HTC desire AFAIK is the best performer (It gets trumped by Galaxy only in gaming by the test by PCWorld..)...

HTC Desire would be my suggestion to you....

Back