Need a WIFI USB N adapter for TP-LINK 8951nd

jinvidia

Adept
I need a good 802.11n (150 or 300 Mb/s) adapter which works with the above adsl 2+ 150 Mb/s wifi router. Should i go for the same brand or other brands like linksys, netgear, etc ? as i heard that sometimes other brands agree only with the same brand router. Please suggest me a cheap and best solution (which is free from consistent connectivity drops)...

A 150Mb/s or 300 Mb/s anything would do but i prefer the latter if the price difference isnt too much and its worth the buck....

And should i give much importance to the N standard certification which is not found in some of the N devices ?. FYI even the above router isnt N certified. So i dont think its a necessity but in future if there is a necessity to replace the router this adapter should not be a bottleneck to the wifi performance....

It should be 100% compatible with win xp SP3...

Thanx in advance

TPLINK WN 722N high gain with detachable antenna

http://www.deltapage.com/products/TP%252dLink-%3A-TL%252dWN722N-%3A-150Mbps-High-Gain-Wireless-Lite-N-USB-Adapter.html

Is it any good considering the price and its performance ?

You can invest in a n-adapter since you will upgrade your router to n in future. I suggest cisco wusb100 adapter, these will work otb and flawlessly with your present router.

But wusb100 isnt an N supported adapter. Moreover newegg review says it has connection drop issues. What about the TPLINK WN 722N ?..

http://homestore.cis...uctID.241270300

Here's the link. It's a n adapter.

I have used this on my n network without signal drop issues since 6 months. I have the v2 adapter. It worked with win7, Linux, wdlive without any installation of drivers.

The TP link adapters are good too but I had to install drivers for win7 and Ubuntu. that is why I do not prefer the TP link adapter. I don't know the price difference but go for a n supported adapter atm.

I have the 721n adapter.

722n is good provided you don't have good wifi signal. The additional antenna of 722n boosts the wifi signal.

i meant it has no n feature and didnt mean that its not even backward compatible with b/g standard.

For me n standard is a must though the distance between the ap and client is only 2 meters.

For 2 meters , if you can use a Ethernet cable then it will be much cheaper than an adapter.

If u can't , then any usb adapter will work since distance is just 2 mts.

But its not like because the distance is only 3 meters, there will be no connection drops which is not always dependant on the distance. Initially i thought of wired connection which is much better as the possibility of connection drops is absent. But the ethernet wire cannot be hung anywhere and it will lie on the floor. So i have opted to go for wifi adapter. But dont have any idea about the life of these...

at the moment i managed to have the rj11 cable extended to the desktop near which i placed the router...

Will consider your suggestion at a later stage...

Thanx

Back