Need advice : Extend home network via cable routing externally : Cable recommendation

Party Monger

Veteran
Jul 15, 2007
it depends on the location
in my case, primary and 1 satellite are on ground and 2nd sat on 1st
the ground sat reports between 1000-1300 mbps while the 1st sat reports 1300 steady

(the 1st floor sat is pretty much directly above the ground flr primary)

One thing to note - the India Orbi (as well as any other new router) are region locked to India and the 5ghz tx power in India is capped severely due to regulatory compliance requirements.
I had to change region to global via telnet and bump up the 5ghz band tx power that considerably improved both backhaul and fronthaul speeds
Ah that is good. I was worried about the 5ghz since my r7000 5ghz doesnt even make it one floor above with a workable signal.

superczar

Veteran
Mar 17, 2005
Ah that is good. I was worried about the 5ghz since my r7000 5ghz doesnt even make it one floor above with a workable signal.
The R7000 , as good as it is has a particularly shi**y 5ghz radio/antenna
With the R7000, I could never get decent coverage even one wall beyond (( I am presuming this is the original as mine was, don't know about the subsequent iterations)
With the RBK50, I get 400--600 mbps on the fronthaul across particularly thick load-bearing walls, I would guess that non load bearing walls in new apartments should far even better

Party Monger

Veteran
Jul 15, 2007
The R7000 , as good as it is has a particularly shi**y 5ghz radio/antenna
With the R7000, I could never get decent coverage even one wall beyond (( I am presuming this is the original as mine was, don't know about the subsequent iterations)
With the RBK50, I get 400--600 mbps on the fronthaul across particularly thick load-bearing walls, I would guess that non load bearing walls in new apartments should far even better
Yes same experience.