Need advice : Extend home network via cable routing externally : Cable recommendation

it depends on the location
in my case, primary and 1 satellite are on ground and 2nd sat on 1st
the ground sat reports between 1000-1300 mbps while the 1st sat reports 1300 steady

(the 1st floor sat is pretty much directly above the ground flr primary)

One thing to note - the India Orbi (as well as any other new router) are region locked to India and the 5ghz tx power in India is capped severely due to regulatory compliance requirements.
I had to change region to global via telnet and bump up the 5ghz band tx power that considerably improved both backhaul and fronthaul speeds
Ah that is good. I was worried about the 5ghz since my r7000 5ghz doesnt even make it one floor above with a workable signal.

Ah that is good. I was worried about the 5ghz since my r7000 5ghz doesnt even make it one floor above with a workable signal.
The R7000 , as good as it is has a particularly shi**y 5ghz radio/antenna
With the R7000, I could never get decent coverage even one wall beyond (( I am presuming this is the original as mine was, don't know about the subsequent iterations)
With the RBK50, I get 400--600 mbps on the fronthaul across particularly thick load-bearing walls, I would guess that non load bearing walls in new apartments should far even better

The R7000 , as good as it is has a particularly shi**y 5ghz radio/antenna
With the R7000, I could never get decent coverage even one wall beyond (( I am presuming this is the original as mine was, don't know about the subsequent iterations)
With the RBK50, I get 400--600 mbps on the fronthaul across particularly thick load-bearing walls, I would guess that non load bearing walls in new apartments should far even better
Yes same experience.

Tired of wifi extender issues, I intend to extend the network via lan cable. Have n66u as main router. A spare n13u will serve as extender. Only that wire has to be routed from outside the house. (25 m cable needed)

Which weather proof cable to use ? Shall I also use a 1/4" pvc pipe as enclosure ?

Try to get armored cables. These should be marginally expensive. Just put a 10 pair armored cable run in my office from the basement - the older one had issues (8+ years old)

Just adding my thoughts on this here.

+1 to external cable routing if other options are not feasible. If going this route:

- Get waterproof UV coated CPVC pipe externally with C Clamps to attach them to the wall. If there are joints use Silicone for weatherproofing joints. Optionally, cover the PVC with cement for protection.
- You could add CPVC joints in between the pipe so that you can extend to other rooms if needed. For example: Let say you need another cable run from another room to your modem, you could have another pipe from that room and connect it to this PVC joint. You could then run cables via the new pipe => PVC joint => older pVC pipe => router.
-You could use flexible PVC option as well.

I findished doing this. I ran the cables in the open but had them attached via clips so they dont sway with storms. Used a big casing where I could reach. The hole throught the wall was filled with a 2inch pipe and white cement around it. So it worked out fine.

Got a dlink cat 6 cable 100m for 1700 and also put some spare cable around for later use. Didnt get any armoured cable or anything, the shop guy suggested normal is best unless you're running underground or people running over it. According to him these should last more than 10 yrs. By then, you'll probably have newer stuff.

Back