Need advice for non touch mobile phone

techno_guy

Skilled
I need to buy a phone for mom
Budget - can extend upto 10k
requirement - A not touch phone , good music quality esp on speakers and decent camera
I was thinking about nokia X2
are there any other options ?

when you say speakers do you mean external speakers? if yes - then the nokia C5 (I bought it a couple of montha back) -excellent keypad. Note that there are 2 C5's - one has touch screen (which you dont need) and the the other one that I am writing about. The non-touch screen C5 is a Symbian S60v3 smart phone. excellent feature set for the money - esp with the RCOM coupon. Another option you should consider is the Nokia X02 (touch & type) looks wonderfully fresh !

Jambumali said:
when you say speakers do you mean external speakers? if yes - then the nokia C5 (I bought it a couple of montha back) -excellent keypad. Note that there are 2 C5's - one has touch screen (which you dont need) and the the other one that I am writing about. The non-touch screen C5 is a Symbian S60v3 smart phone. excellent feature set for the money - esp with the RCOM coupon. Another option you should consider is the Nokia X02 (touch & type) looks wonderfully fresh !

I guess C5 's hardware won't be used much by mom

Btw how are touch and type ones like X2 or X3-02 ? . Mom liked design of X3-02 but are they worth their price

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

X2's keypad is horrible IMO. C5 is much better in terms of build-quality, premium fell & usability. Avoid those touch & types with horrible resistive touchscreens & non-standard keypad layout.

The touch & types are not VFM for their outdated hardware & OS (S40).

sasa110 said:
as i was pointed out on these threads a few days back - nokia x-2 has bl-4c battery. do consider that before buying.
So what's wrong with BL-4C ?

sasa110 said:
as i was pointed out on these threads a few days back - nokia x-2 has bl-4c battery. do consider that before buying.

Ya i also came to know yesterday about it

the keypad needs to be good as.mom already tired of stitty keypad of 5130xm

And will consider E5 too

So what's wrong with BL-4C ?

sorry, should've been more specific. the bl-4c has a small capacity and might require constant recharging on the x2. i had an old nokia with an excuse of a tiny colour screen (no music or camera) and the bl-4c in it ran out of gas pretty soon. i did fit the bl-5c battery in it, and got 2x better results. subsequently, i used a bl-4c battery as a backup on my newer nokia (never remember the numbers - was it the 2700? at any rate, closer to the x2 lineage) and here again, the 4c ran out of gas really really fast. I completely fail to understand why nokia chose this battery for the x2!

the bl-5c could be fitted in a bl-4c compartment, I've done it myself, though it can be a bit of a hit and miss (though the other way around works 100%, as i noticed) - the 5c is thicker than the 4c and may work with a few 4c doors (as mine), and may not work with some others. also, i seriously cant say if swapping batteries is a good idea in the first place and what are the risks involved. all i can say is that i swapped batteries at my own risk and it worked for me :).

techno_guy said:
I guess C5 's hardware won't be used much by mom

Btw how are touch and type ones like X2 or X3-02 ? . Mom liked design of X3-02 but are they worth their price

Sorry, I meant the X3-02 (wonderfully fresh looks!). The C5's keypad is divinely soft. Don't look only at the higher hardware specs - since you mentioned budget up to 10k, I suggested those two models. Once you see the fit & finish of either of those models, your Mom would agree.

Reg. X3-02, yes, you need to pay a small(?!) premium for its design! It is good.

There are others (cheaper too) like the highly recommended SE Cedar, but they totally pale in comparison with the two Nokias - esp., the C5 keypad - large, soft keys, which makes it easy for use. X3-02 gives more color options.

talking abt x3-02 or c5 ,

c5 is an elegant looking phone (btw, there is a new c5 with 5MP camera)

and x3-02 is rather funky looking , felt its overpriced

depends on your mom's taste

When you say x2 do you mean x2-01 or the old x2?

i was looking to buy the old x2 for my mom because of its wireless radio and good sound

shopkeepers told me they are not able to x2 any more .

also check out the x5-01 , meant for the ladies :)

^^

the old x2 is a nice phone, it has dual speakers with wireless radio ,

i think i will buy it from letsbuy too :D

c5 5 mp is coming to india, read somewhere its expected in Q3, so i guess its coming soon ?

and i said x5-01 not c5-01

x5-01 is a sliding s60 phone with qwerty keypad, quite nice actually

can one of you guys please try to fit the BL-5C in the nokia X2 and tell me if the back door closes? I'm sure the x2 will work with this battery, but the door might not close. If it closes, I'm buying one too from letsbuy!

Back