Budget 71-90K Need an all-purpose laptop

thawfu666

Adept
What's your Budget?
Till 80k, can maximum stretch it to 90!

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (e.g. web surfing/office apps/Casual Gaming)
Web surfing
Frequent video and photo editing,
Mostly multitasking between an email client, a video being rendered in Final Cut Pro, iTunes playing in the background with 15-20 tabs of Safari (this is my exact use case)
Seldom to nil gaming (Although any good discrete graphics is a plus point!)

What size and weight considerations do you have?
I have a Retina MacBook Pro now (which I'm going to replace), so something in that range. I'm strictly looking for only 13 inch laptops, unless any 15 inch laptop is small enough in volume and weight (Dell XPS 15).

Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?
I'm really confused about the brands now. I'm fine with any brand, as long as it has decent enough servicing and support in Chennai, India.

Any other considerations?
I was actually waiting for Apple to update their MBPs, but I never anticipated Apple raising the prices!! My present MBP (Late 2012, 13 inch) is now starting to show its age (the battery health is very bad, barely getting 3-4 hours with movie playback, starting to see a lot of spinning beach balls :( ) so I'll be replacing it within next May because that's when my Mac will almost complete five years.. I really love Apple's servicing and support, and I probably want my next laptop to have that one. I'm also pissed off with Apple for soldering the RAM and SSD to the motherboard, so I want something that's swappable.. Screen quality must be at least IPS 1080p (if not on par with Apple's retina displays), excellent speakers that don't distort on full volume, SSD storage (obviously) is preferred, and would also like 16GB of RAM as standard. Also, I'd be purchasing it in USA, so if any of you guys find anything that matches with these, please do ping me! Really appreciate it.. :)

Well Dell is having a great sale till the 12th. You can get the Dell XPS 13 Intel Core i5-7200u Dual-Core Kaby Lake 13.3" Laptop with 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM, 1080p Infinity Edge Display for $849.99 with WQ12RNCZ?NP$QH

It might not be as swappable as you want but it's still a great laptop at this price. 16GB RAM is an option.

^^ Yes, I did check that, but almost all reviews state battery life is very bad! Dell advertises 15 hours or somewhere near that ballpark, whereas most customers only get between 4 to 5 hours, which is not very good.. Other than that, yes; one heck of a laptop!

Back