Need an mp3 player for around 7-12k

phoenix007

Disciple
Like the title suggests i need an mp3 player and my budget is around 7-12k.Ideally i would like to spend much less though.I will be using it mainly to listen to music during my morning walk.

Here are my requirements:-
1)should have great sound,Skip-free listening.
2)should have good quality fm radio(with atleast up to 7 autoscannable presets) support
3)should have 1-2gb capacity
4)Rechargable and user replacable batteries
5)would prefer a flash based player(last longer than hard drive based players)
6)ability to use pics as wallpaper?
7)video support although not absolutely necessary would be a great addition.

These are the ones i am considering buying :-
iriver clix(is it available in india?) or iriver u10 , cowon iaudio u3 or creative zen V plus.How much do these cost here in india and which among them will give the best value for money???OR are there any other better players available???

Also i want to buy a casing that would keep the mp3 player water proof.I live in kerala and it rains almost on a daily basis.

Also one final question-- which is more confortable for listening -headset or an earbud???And do you think i should buy a new headset/earbud or use the ones that come bundled with these players??? If yes,suggest me a headset/earbud good for mp3 players along with its cost.

you wont get all the features on one product... go for iriver t10 or iaudio u3 1gb capapcity only .. .you might find casing for these players ... both of these are below 10k
no need to buy seperate earbuds , both come with very good earbuds

it depends on your usage ... since you are going to use it for outdoors , earphones will be better ...
if you can get earphones from US , you have other options like sennheiser / shure / grado which will be way better than the ones the company give ... they are quite expensive also :)

^^ Thx guys a lot for your help. I have finally decided to get cowon iaudio u3.I will be buying the same tomorrow.

Also i do have a friend in america.She will be coming next month.So what earphones should i ask her to bring??? Budget 5-8 k

Back