Need another netbook, 10-12 inch

techie_007

Skilled
Ned to buy a netbook. Primary usage will be browsing/movie/office etc. battery life and mobility its preferred, so ideally I am looking at 10-12 inch ones.

I am guessing good dual core netbooks are now available?

Both intel or amd will do, so long as battery and performance are acceptable.

Suggestions please.

I would recommend the Amd fusion based laptops 11.6 inchers from HP--DM1z, the Sony YB both retail for less than 25 thousand and are more capable than any intel atom based netbook around and both offer more than 6-7 hours of battery life.

Also, wheres the cheapest Vaio available from? Nothing useful on ebay :(

Flipkart is cheapest I have seen till now. Anywhere else online or via any dealers?

avoid vaio and go for the hp dm-1z -- its cheaper and offers better battery life and a 7200rpm drive as well -- am not sure abt the drive -- do read up some reviews. the hp dm1z has amazing build quality. i usually don't recommend hp/compaq products but this is one hp laptop i have no qualms in recommending.

Yes nowadays dual core netbooks are also available but they are a little costly and come at around 18k. They are better in terms of performance but they have less battery life. Intel's dual core processors for netbook are better than the processors that were available for netbooks 3-4 years ago. So you have to choose between battery life and better performance. It also depends on the purpose why you want to buy the netbook.

Back