Budget 71-90K Need another thin and light laptop

red dragon

Justiceforall
Skilled
We are forced to use a separate work laptop and I was issued a ThinkPad T480. Though it's a very decent laptop, will have issues carrying 2 laptops while on backpack trips ( plan to resume soon)
The office has agreed to buy something light ( must run Windows 10 with MS office, pdf editor etc. No heavy software)
Please suggest the lightest possible 13/14 inch screen laptop.
Budget is not really fixed, but don't want to buy them something very expensive.
Could use an iPad pro with a keyboard, but no first hand experience with the keyboard ( need to type a LOT)

Are they very light? I've seen swift 5, it's indeed light.
Anybody here tried to replace work laptop with ipad+ Keyboard?
If iOS 14 has a very good OCR...that would be awesome

Acer Swift 3 - performance POV is as good as any $1000 ultrabook. Main issue would be durability, as you mentioned 'travel'. If you are reasonably careful, it is now a blind buy for the budget. Even, if you are not, probably you can buy 2 of those instead in your budget :)

Swift 3 is way too heavy mate (spoiled by the Gram)
Anyway will be using an ipad pro for now. Returned the thinkpad.

Last edited:
Can I just use Pages and export to .docx ? How is the compatibility between MS powerpoint and Keynote? Never really used an ipad for these, however the osX versions of Pages and Keynote were working fine for my purpose.

You cannot have two instance of the same app open.
Word has come up with the support. It Excel doesn't
Mouse pad doesn't have right click menus

These two make my work flow very slow
Else I have completely switched to Ipad for everything
Post automatically merged:

LG Gram will be lightest though

Found this ASUS one however it has an MX250 GPU, so battery life might be affected slightly. It should be better if you want to game even little though.

This one doesn't have the GPU, might be worth looking at.

EDIT : These are heavier at 1.25kg+ though

Thanks, yes, was thinking of that too...but will it be able to take the daily beating?
Post automatically merged:

We have 2 Grams in the family already. Don't want to get another. However it's a perfect laptop for my purpose.

If I can not decide anything, they will possibly provide me with a carbon. Yes, it is not that expensive here with the usual 1080p IPS display. Almost (if not all) all the laptops available in Europe is cheaper compared to India. However I am still partial to ipad pro, just for the OCR (so far extremely happy with Note lite 10)

Back