Budget 0-20k Need CPU cooler suggestion 4-5K range

baccilus

Skilled
  • What is your budget?
  • What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Ryzen 3700X
    • Motherboard - Asus tuf X570 gaming wifi plus
    • GPU - GTX 1060 6 GB with ARCTIC Accelero Twin Turbo II VGA Cooler
    • RAM - G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
    • Monitor - LG ultrawide 29" IPS monitor
    • PSU - Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro Series EA750G Pro 750W
    • Cabinet: Antec NX800 with 180mm of CPU cooler support
  • Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • All of the above
  • Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU cooler
  • Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • NA
  • Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Online or from Chandigarh/Mohali
  • Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  • What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Machine Learning/AI
  • Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • I prefer air coolers. I am not in to RGB stuff, but will tolerate it if it can be turned off. Water cooling has to be better than air at the same price point. No point otherwise.
  • If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • FPS
  • What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. 2560X1080
  • Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes, but I know Ryzen has very little room, so NO
  • Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?: Linux but it doesn't matter here
I really liked the Arctic Freezer 34 esports duo but it is unavailable in India at reasonable price. I am OK with ordering from abroad if the total price is better than India because I can wait.

Corsair Hydro CW-9060028
Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED CPU Cooler
Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P
Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P

I will prefer first two ones esp. Hydro.

A Noctua NH-U12S will blow any sub-5k cooler out of the water and it costs 5.5k.

Only problem is only primeabgb stocks it and it sells out like hot cakes whenever they bring in a batch.

I used a NH-U12S on my Ryzen 1700 before they released a black version. I hated the poop brown and vomit yellow colour scheme but the cooling was awesome at very low noise. I later bought a black Chromax fan and even bought a a top cover.

I switched to a NH-U14S with my 3900X as it was spiking to 85C which I thought was due to the cooler but turned out due to the default voltage of 1.5V supplied by Asus.
Post automatically merged:

This seems to be a very good deal. Performance wise its a tad better than the NH-U12S and costs more brand new as well.

Last edited:
Won't my RAM sticks cause a problem with MA621P? Is the RAM's clearance specs anywhere or will I have to measure manually?

A Noctua NH-U12S will blow any sub-5k cooler out of the water and it costs 5.5k.

Only problem is only primeabgb stocks it and it sells out like hot cakes whenever they bring in a batch.

I used a NH-U12S on my Ryzen 1700 before they released a black version. I hated the poop brown and vomit yellow colour scheme but the cooling was awesome at very low noise. I later bought a black Chromax fan and even bought a a top cover.

I switched to a NH-U14S with my 3900X as it was spiking to 85C which I thought was due to the cooler but turned out due to the default voltage of 1.5V supplied by Asus.

This seems to be a very good deal. Performance wise its a tad better than the NH-U12S and costs more brand new as well.
Not shipping

Bro I have a Hyper 212 LED, spare, used for a day or two, if you want.
Can you give me a quote. Does it have a bracket to install an additional fan for push-pull? I have a Hyper 212 plus in my older system and it is pretty good.

Last edited:
Won't my RAM sticks cause a problem with MA621P? Is the RAM's clearance specs anywhere or will I have to measure manually?

Not shipping

Can you give me a quote. Does it have a bracket to install an additional fan for push-pull? I have a Hyper 212 plus in my older system and it is pretty good.
Yeah it has two fans with brackets included for mounting.
I can do it in 1400 shipped.

Attachments

• 20200312_175304.jpg
    20200312_175304.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 138
Wont a AIO cooler be a better option ?
OP can only get 120/140 mm AIOs in that budget range which would not be that good. You need at least 240 mm.
Furthermore the chance of leaks is always there even with NZXT/Corsair high end AIOs.
I have seen the aftermath of a NZST X62 leak in a friend's PC and it's heartbreaking.

• What is your budget?
  • What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Ryzen 3700X
    • Motherboard - Asus tuf X570 gaming wifi plus
    • GPU - GTX 1060 6 GB with ARCTIC Accelero Twin Turbo II VGA Cooler
    • RAM - G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
    • Monitor - LG ultrawide 29" IPS monitor
    • PSU - Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro Series EA750G Pro 750W
    • Cabinet: Antec NX800 with 180mm of CPU cooler support
  • Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • All of the above
  • Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU cooler
  • Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • NA
  • Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Online or from Chandigarh/Mohali
  • Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  • What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Machine Learning/AI
  • Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • I prefer air coolers. I am not in to RGB stuff, but will tolerate it if it can be turned off. Water cooling has to be better than air at the same price point. No point otherwise.
  • If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • FPS
  • What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. 2560X1080
  • Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes, but I know Ryzen has very little room, so NO
  • Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?: Linux but it doesn't matter here
I really liked the Arctic Freezer 34 esports duo but it is unavailable in India at a reasonable price. I am OK with ordering from abroad if the total price is better than India because I can wait.
You can buy the cooler master liquid cooling kit with 3 RGB fans, it will even cover your rig when you are overclocking and pays off for it value. Don't go for Chinese brands as they only provide Argb or RGB function to make them look cool, they don't provide long-lasting effects. Such Corsair, coolermaster, Gskill etc...

The CPU bracket didn't fit my Asus Tuf X570 motherboard. Now can't buy anything because of lock down.

Hey,new user here.I was checking about what happened to Erodov and found this.

If it isn't working for you and selling,let me know.

Anyone who are selling used aio under 4k please reply or pm me.

Hey,new user here.I was checking about what happened to Erodov and found this.

If it isn't working for you and selling,let me know.

Anyone who are selling used aio under 4k please reply or pm me.
Contact @itspriyank . He has already paid back whatever I paid him. The cooler though is still with me. If you reach a deal, can send directly to you or to him.

Back