Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) - Discussion Thread

NFS: MW has good graphics. I like the look and feel of Cars and Roads, Traffic etc.
Cops arent much of a challenge. You can evade them easily

Also the racing is in open world enviornment, you can easily miss a turn, irritating sometimes
LOTS of traffic, so lots of accidents!!

Controls are good, meant for fast racing no where close to original most wanted (which I felt was best at fun n control)

Here you find cars randomly scattered, and each car has set of specific races (why ????) :(

I just decided to get a sneak peak into the game yesterday and I gave up within 15 minutes. Didn't face any frame drops as such, but I didn't have a clue, as to what I had to do in the game. May be it was just an impulse quit, but it didn't really strike me as the old Most Wanted that we all loved. Might skip this entirely. :(

I just decided to get a sneak peak into the game yesterday and I gave up within 15 minutes. Didn't face any frame drops as such, but I didn't have a clue, as to what I had to do in the game. May be it was just an impulse quit, but it didn't really strike me as the old Most Wanted that we all loved. Might skip this entirely. :(

Should have been released under the name 'Burnout : Most Wanted'

Yeah I guess. The handling on the Porsche 911 was really awkward. I couldn't drive straight for a couple of seconds without ramming into the oncoming traffic or the rail guards. I enjoyed Run, albeit linear, it had a decent story and races. Then again, racing games aren't my cup of tea anymore. :p

Even I felt controls awkward but after unlocking Track Tires ,it feels better.
Either way, disappointing move.
It is just a mix of burnout and most wanted(2005 one)

it looks more like a GTA series to me. you have to roam and go to grab various cars and play races locked to specific cars . Not so good game . liked the run more because it had a good story line too

Its bit difficult to control the car in this game. Keeps on ramming against oncoming traffic or the rails. Never felt so embarrassed while playing a racing game in front of kids :ashamed:

Its bit difficult to control the car in this game. Keeps on ramming against oncoming traffic or the rails. Never felt so embarrassed while playing a racing game in front of kids :ashamed:
Same here ... played an hour to traffic ramming and nothing more :). Just did one race :D

Did not like the game one bit, hated the car control, level design, mindless traffic, and the burnout like crashes. And no mouse support, hate the console ports. And yeah I could hardly beat any races, as kept veering off track and had to restart the race, or got slammed by burnout AI drivers :p

Frankly speaking the worst NFS game for me ever. How I wish the Porsche series is revisted with beautiful environments, the right mix of arcade + simulation controls, and roads where you can speed up without crashing every single minute.

I started playing last night and played for an hour so - won just one race. Easy races seems too tough for me.
Only good thing about it is the Graphics part.

Previously I used to download the OSTs of the NFSs - UG, UG2, MW - these installments got some superb tracks. (Black Betty is still in my playlist - and few others.)
But I had to lower the music/song volume in this one.
I am yet to try DiRT Slowdown - I guess now is the time. Or Forza Horizon. \m/

I played a bit of this game.. defeated the #10 driver on the list. I felt this game was fun. A lot like Burnout Paradise from the same developer.

I play with a Xbox Controller on the PC... May be the control issues people mentioned was on the keyboard?

^^Keyboard is fine. I don't understand what the fuss is about. Beat the game twice and was boring the second time. Had to get level 6 pursuits going to feel even the slightest excitement. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Those used to steer-and-clear arcades will find it tough, while hardcore sim racers will find it easy-peasy. If you drive a real car real fast, you'll never find a game like this tough.

Unfortunately no MP action for me till my gaming rig comes back online, and SP is too easy. So uninstalled, it is.

^^Keyboard is fine. I don't understand what the fuss is about. Beat the game twice and was boring the second time. Had to get level 6 pursuits going to feel even the slightest excitement. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Those used to steer-and-clear arcades will find it tough, while hardcore sim racers will find it easy-peasy. If you drive a real car real fast, you'll never find a game like this tough.

Unfortunately no MP action for me till my gaming rig comes back online, and SP is too easy. So uninstalled, it is.

Yes, I have to agree, playing a racing game after such a long time, its been quite fun. I was killing it with a Bentley with awful handling, now have found the Lamborghini Countach and it just gets better. The draw I find with the game is for every new car, you have redo the races to get your upgrades, logically you should have all upgrades acquired for newly found cars. No one found this quirk or am I missing something?!

Back