Budget 90k+ Need fruits of wisdom. New Gaming+Photography build.

Targaryen

Recruit
Hello everyone,

After 9 long years on laptops I've finally decided to build a gaming PC again, but the technology and markets have changed a lot. Last build I did was way back in 2005 and I'm not in touch. I read all that I could but few points still confuse me and wife is no good in that dept. :p My biggest problem is the motherboard, I love the look of ROG series especially since my case has a full side-panel window, but not being an overclocker that might be overkill. I could be sensible :cigar: and spend the money on other parts. I have bought the cabinet which I just love due to it's looks, that's not to say it isn't functional. It's Corsair Carbide 540 Air and it looks awesome !! Attaching the image for everyone to see (taken from phone the moment I opened it)
5840-1411141037-1369b48039cfaa174e79f37f975fc79b.jpg

1. What is your budget?
    • 90k+ It's flexible like everything else Indian :angelic:, but I'd like to save as much as I can.
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel 4th gen i7 4790 or i5 4690
    • Motherboard - The one I'm confused about. I don't overclock but SLI/Crossfire may come into picture after 2 yrs hence can't decide between H97 or Z97.
    • GPU - Depends on the price of Motherboard. I'm eyeing AMD R9 290
    • PSU - 650W (Have read the PSU thread but confused due to availability issue)
    • RAM - Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16 GB 1600 MHz
    • CPU Cooler - IMO not needed but happy to change my mind if convinced.
    • HDD - One 120/128 GB SSD (for OS), One 1 TB WD Black.
    • Monitor - 24" IPS
    • Keyboard - Looking for a unique model, one which can take the typing and gaming abuse.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes I'll probably add a monitor.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Delhi
    • Open to online purchase only if not available in Nehru Place.
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • 14-16 hrs Gaming
    • Heavy Photo processing and editing.
    • Loads and loads of typing.
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Can't buy ASRock, no dislike but their I/O pins are in left bottom corner, unapproachable in my cabinet.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • All games except racing ones, no offence to fans but I just don't 'em.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920 x 1080
    2. Desktop - 1920 x 1080 or higher.
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

• CPU - Intel Core i5 4690 -15500,
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte H97-D3H -7500,
  • GPU - Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC -32000,
  • PSU - Seasonic S12II 620w -5500,
  • RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600 MHz (4Gbx4) - 10500,
  • CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 101 -1000,
  • HDD - WD Caviar Black 1 TB -5500,
  • SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB -5500,
  • Monitor - Dell S2240L LED IPS -9000,
  • Keyboard - Cooler Master Devastator Gaming Bundle -3200.
  • TOTAL -95,200.

Intel Core i7 4790 - 20.5K
Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H - 7K
Corsair Vengeance/Kingston Hyper-X Fury 8GB*2 - 10K
Intel 520 120GB - 4.7K
WD 1TB Blue - 4K
Zotac GTX970 - 29.5K
Seasonic M12II 520 - 5.8K
AOC i2367Fh - 13K
TVS-e Gold Bharat - 1.8K

Thanks Manjeet. But I have to say I hate Gigabyte colour scheme, why not ASUS h97 pro gamer ? Your thoughts.
Isn't black the faster one ? Is Zotac's ASS good in India ?

Well that board costs like 9K. If I were you, am not willing to spent 2K extra for color scheme ;)! But still if you spent a bit, get it, its a fine board.

Black drives are faster & better than blue. But for now, have a look at Seagate SSHD lineup, almost same price, but better performance than Black.

Zotac ASS are currently handled by Aditya Infotech, they're good. Also they've 3 years extended warranty after registration. Actually Zotac GTX970 comes for 27.5K, if you can wait for sometime prices will stabilise as the stock fills up.

Cheers!

Well that board costs like 9K. If I were you, am not willing to spent 2K extra for color scheme ;)!
In a way you're right but I spent 10k on the cabinet because it looked good so I don't mind 2k extra.
Zotac ASS are currently handled by Aditya Infotech, they're good. Also they've 3 years extended warranty after registration. Actually Zotac GTX970 comes for 27.5K
That extended warranty is only labour and not parts if I'm right. Furthermore, which GTX 970's price is it ? Zotac has normal, omega and extreme.
if you are into Heavy photo processing consider a good monitor at least Ultrasharp series from dell also a color calibrator .
I do Madhu. I have a IPS sitting at home because the owner had to go out for a year and vacate his premises, I'd have that till Holi, at least. My next monitor which I've mentioned will be 27" ASUS :banhappy:

In a way you're right but I spent 10k on the cabinet because it looked good so I don't mind 2k extra.

That extended warranty is only labour and not parts if I'm right. Furthermore, which GTX 970's price is it ? Zotac has normal, omega and extreme.

I do Madhu. I have a IPS sitting at home because the owner had to go out for a year and vacate his premises, I'd have that till Holi, at least. My next monitor which I've mentioned will be 27" ASUS :banhappy:
Here you go mate: http://www.primeabgb.com/zotac-geforce-gtx-970-zt-90101-10p-graphic-card.html

Omega is retailing at 30.5K & Extreme one is available at 33.5K.

About warranty, have a look here: http://www.zotac.com/in/support/warranty-manager/register/warranty-disclaimer.html

Thanks everyone, I bought it :joyful: ! Bought and assembled everything that's why no replies for 4 days. Should I leave the final config. ? :cigar:

Thank you Manjeet. My apologies for being so late, but there were a few untimely deaths in extended family so was dealing with that. I'm well now. Will update today.

Last edited:
Back