Budget 0-20k Need Graphics Card advice for old PC

kg_87

Disciple
Hi Fellow members,

I am looking for your help in upgrading my PC to run games released in last 2 years time frame ( Just to kill time during corona times) . As long as game runs smoothly, I am not bothered about graphics quality. My current pc is not able to run latest DLCs of Frostpunk smoothly.

1. What is your budget?
    • Max 10k
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel i5-2500K @ 3.30 GHz
    • Motherboard - Asus P8Z68-V
    • GPU - ATI /AMD 6450 HD
    • RAM - Corsair 8 GB * 1 DDR 3
    • Monitor - Dell 2409
    • PSU - Corsair VX450
    • (please mention the rest in above format)
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Dell 2409
    • PSU - Corsair VX450
    • CPU - Intel i5-2500K @ 3.30 GHz
    • Motherboard - Asus P8Z68-V
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • GPU
    • RAM ( if required )
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Highly unlikely. Only if I am convinced that my current system is a piece of Junk I may go for a quality new rig altogether.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Chandigarh
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • FrostPunk
    • Assassins Creed
    • Tropico 6
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1280x720
    2. Desktop - 1280x720
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

Games like Assassins Creed Odyssey are CPU heavy where your 2500k would bottleneck a GPU like RX580/GTX 1650 super.

You could get a used GTX 1060 6GB(PSU requirement 400W), RX570 (PSU Req:450W , should be around 7-8k) for that system. Your PSU although bronze rated, being old and deteriorated might not be able to handle RX580 (recommended PSU: 500W)

You might be able to still be able to get away with 8GB RAM but latest games will give a good boost with 12+GB RAM. Get additional 8GB compatible stick if required.

Last edited:
Hi..
Would recommend the following based on your budget. (probably wont run Tropico, but other two okay). Addition of these should give you a fair upgrade over your existing configuration.

1. 4GB RAM DDR3 (Try to match your other ram in terms of make and frequency) - Rs. 1500-1600

2. 240 GB SSD - Rs. 2500-2700

3. Zotac 1030 2GB Graphics Card - Rs. 6700

Prices mentioned are grabbed from Amazon India for new ones. You would find 1050Ti used cards in TE Marketplace in the price, but do check for bottleneck with your processor.

Thanks for the recommendations!

I already have Samsung Evo SSD.

Will try to get additional RAM ( Corsair vengeance ) and suggested cards.

get RX 580
Post automatically merged:

or get RX 480 and flash it to RX580

but you are restricted by your PSU at 450 might have to settled with lower power consumption 1060 might fit in well

Last edited:
Thanks Burntwingzzz.

Ordered Zotac 1030 2 GB from amazon for now.

will upgrade OS to Windows 10 and if required , will purchase additional RAM from Deltapage.
Post automatically merged:

Guys, Currently I have two sticks of 4 GB each. Model is CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9.

If I add another 8 GB Ram - Single stick - Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 Memory Kit (CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10), would that be ok?

Last edited:
Back