Budget 90k+ Need help building a Deep Learning PC

1. What is your budget?

• 150k - 175k
    2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

• Fresh Build (Apart from peripherals - Mouse and Keyboard combo Logitech K-260)
    3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

• Mouse and Keyboard - Logitech K-260
    4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

• CPU - Intel Core i5-8600k

• Motherboard - ASRock Z370 Killer SLI/ac LGA 1151 (Any other compatible motherboard suggestions?)

• GPU - GTX 1080ti

• RAM - 16 GB (2x8 or 1x16 whichever’s more convenient) (Found Crucial and Corsair at the top in Amazon’s popular products)

• SSD - Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVME M.2 SSD V-NAND MZ-V6E250BW

• HDD - Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM006 2TB HDD

• PSU - Corsair CS-M Series CS750M (Newegg Link for ref)
    (The following cooler and case were chosen by just searching on Amazon and selecting the popular products. Didn’t know what to base the search on so have no idea about its compatibility with the other parts.)
      • Cooler - COOLER MASTER LIQUID COOLER - MASTERLIQUID LITE 120

• Case - Corsair Carbide Series CC-9011050-WW Mid-Tower Steel Gaming Case with Red LED (Black)
    • Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

• Yes, will upgrade the following (as per required in the future)

• RAM - Extend from 16 to 32
    • Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

• Pune (Thinking of getting all the parts from one store if possible, so that return policies and warranties can be handled appropriately)

• Open to online purchase
    • Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

• No
    • What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

• Deep Learning

1. Will be used to train models, which could go on for multiple hours, days even)

2. Heavy computations on GPU
    • Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

• No. But would appreciate a reliable manufacturer with good post sales service :)
    • If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

• No
    • What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

• No preference. Would love some suggestions.
    • Are you looking to overclock?

• No. ( Have never overclocked a CPU ever. So don’t know if I would require to, in the future)
    • Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

• Windows 10

• Linux - Ubuntu (and any other distro)
    Notes:
    1. I have checked basic compatibilities like CPU-Motherboard chipset compatibility and multi-GPU SLI support if required.
    I need help checking for overall compatibility of the build. Open to suggestions.
2. I haven’t built a PC in my life (I have owned one without any knowledge of it’s parts and now its scrap).
3. Any compromises if at all visible in some components might be due to the priority given to 1080ti. (Like CPU)
4. Any misfit items chosen might be due to my inability to understand :p

You can save some money by buying the 1080ti from newegg. My brother just bought an EVGA 1080ti for 59k with custom duty from newegg after confirming international warranty from EVGA.

Oh actually that was one of my doubts - Does newegg charge custom to import from US or do they have local India warehouses?

That is quite a price difference because it sells for 76560 on PrimeABGB. Thanks for the advice :) Will take that into consideration.

Out of 59k, 9k was duty. They don't pre charge customs like Amazon does, but still it is quite cheaper even afted added duty considering EVGA 1080ti start at 45k on Newegg Global India.

Out of 59k, 9k was duty. They don't pre charge customs like Amazon does, but still it is quite cheaper even afted added duty considering EVGA 1080ti start at 45k on Newegg Global India.

That is assuming there is no duty charged - unlikely these days. Everything is blindly being slapped with 41.4% duty.

That is assuming there is no duty charged - unlikely these days. Everything is blindly being slapped with 41.4% duty.
My brother bought his in October. The customs rates were high even then. Like I said, he was charged 9k as duty bringing his total cost to 59k.

His shipment was passed by Bangalore customs who have been known to charge customs appropriately. Maybe he got lucky but IIRC, customs was around 18% for computer components which would make it 9k for a 50k GPU. I am hoping Newegg have some setup where they import the products to India as a company which would make them eligible for the lower correct duty rate. Come to think of it, I wonder why Amazon can't do the same for their global shipments.

*nudge nudge* Anybody willing to give their two cents about the given configuration? I would love some feedback and compatibility suggestions of the chosen components. Any changes I should make, any parts I should be careful about.

Not necessary but I would love to be in contact with someone who has already built a Deep Learning PC. Thanks :)

Back