Budget 71-90K Need help building Gaming Cpu

Guys , I need help building a gaming cpu which will be good for gaming for next 3
Pls Help .
Q: What is your budget?
Ans 80k
Q: What is your existing hardware configuration
Ans Only Cpu worth 80k
Q: Which hardware will you be keeping
Ans Nothing . Need to buy everything.
Q: Which hardware component
are you looking to buy
(component name).
Ans - i7 3770k looks good but anything similar in Intel wud do :)
Q: Is this going to be your final
configuration or you would be
adding/upgrading a component
in near future.
Ans FINAL.
Q: Where will you buy this
hardware?
Ans Local only
Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
Ans NO
Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Ans Gaming and gaming
Q: Do you have any brand
preference or dislike?
Ans NO.
Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Ans Fps, anything with awesome graphics
Q: What is your preferred
monitor resolution for gaming
and normal usage
Ans 1080p would be dual monitors
Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Ans Absolutely
Q: Which operating system do
you intend to use with this
configuration?
Ans. Windows 7 x64bit

@salman8506 this is what I suggest --

Intel Core i5 3570k ~15500/- + Thermalright Silver Arrow ~4300/- OR Noctua NH-D14 ~5500/- [CPU-coolers]
ASUS P8Z77-V ~15000/-
G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 1600MHz RAM ~3500/-
ASUS / ZOTAC! / MSi GTX670 ~29000/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB[64MB cache] ~5000/-
Crucial M4 120B ~8500/- [SSD to improve the boot-up time of OS and loading times of the games]
Corsair TX v2750W ~6800/-
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5500/- OR Bit Fenix Outlaw APAC edition ~3900/-
APC BR1100VA-IN ~5000/-

• As you are just gaming the extra hyper-threading features offered by the Core i73770k do not matter to you.
  • where are you purchasing this from? [local?]

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply.

yes the comp will be for only gaming and for a friend. Can you suggest faster ram's to help support the oc ? What's the cost of single 680 ? The ups won't be required as never saw voltage fluctuating in my life :p

For overclocking-
Gskill RipjawsX 1600mhz 4X2GB-3.6k OR Corsair XMS3/Vengeance 1600mhz 4X2GB-3.6k
Asus/EVGA GTX680-38k,It'd be better if you go for MSI GTX670 OC-28k as there's not much difference between two-AnandTech - Bench - GPU12
You can also consider Sapphire/Msi HD7950-27k
Thanks for the reply.

yes the comp will be for only gaming and for a friend. Can you suggest faster ram's to help support the oc ? What's the cost of single 680 ? The ups won't be required as never saw voltage fluctuating in my life :p

yes the comp will be for only gaming and for a friend. Can you suggest faster ram's to help support the oc?

What's the cost of single 680?

The advantage of faster RAM modules is highly superficial [at-least that was the case in Sandy-Bridge] the benchmarks shoot up but in real-time performance of both are equal, apart from the fact that a step-up for a 1866MHz kit is going to lighten your wallet by approximately ~1000/- -->1500/- more than the 1600MHz kits of the same size.

Confirmed -- Even after the IMC supports memory over 1600MHz the real-world performance difference between a 1600MHz kit and a 2400MHz kit is spotty and overall not worth it. http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/ram/38613-gskill-tridentx-ddr3-2400-ivy-bridge-memory/?page=7 / http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/memory/display/ivy-bridge-ddr3_7.html.

Starting at a lofty 2,400MHz and reaching 2,800MHz the TridentX family looks good on paper. Delve a little deeper and the loose timings and 1.65V operating juice - both necessary evils at this end of the spectrum - rear their ugly heads, as does pricing, which is reckoned to be at least double that of regular DDR3 memory that runs at 1,600MHz.

Genuinely high-end products are released with the lure of exceptional performance. Our benchmarks show an 8GB (2 x 4GB) TridentX pack of DDR3-2,400 memory to be barely any faster, if at all, than well-tuned DDR3-1,600 memory. The explanation for what seems like a performance anomaly is actually quite simple: Intel's recent chips integrate smart, efficient caches that blunt the hoped-for benefits of running premium RAM.

Our investigation of the correlation between the performance of Ivy Bridge platforms and their memory subsystem parameters suggests a lack of significant differences from Intel’s earlier platforms. The Ivy Bridge memory controller is largely the same as the Sandy Bridge one and delivers similar performance at the same settings. So, the influence of system memory settings on practical tasks is rather low.

Pricing of the GTX680 is ~36000/- -->42000/-. I find it next to useless in investing on such a powerful card, better that you buy a GTX670 OR GTX660Ti and over-clock these to reach the same real-world performance numbers.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Yeah Alpha17 has made a few good suggestions. I agree with him on the Intel Core i5 3570k and Seagate's Barracuda 1TB, I would also recommend the Kingston HyperX Blu or LoVo module. Good luck with the gaming rig!

Back