PC Peripherals Need Help Buying a New Mouse

Saikiran

Disciple
Yo Guys,

I'm in need of a new mouse mouse as my Logitech Media Play mouse is starting to give me issues after 3 years of use....I have narrowed down to these options....suggest me a mouse with overall quality and reliability....Max Budget: 4.5k(not a single penny more)

Theitdepot - Razer Naga Laser Gaming Mouse (RZ01-00280100-R3A1) or RAZER Naga Special Molten Edition Black Wired Laser Gaming Mouse

Theitdepot - Logitech Gaming Mouse G500

Theitdepot - Logitech Optical Gaming Mouse G400
Cheers
S.K

Yo Guys,

I'm in need of a new mouse mouse as my Logitech Media Play mouse is starting to give me issues after 3 years of use....I have narrowed down to these options....suggest me a mouse with overall quality and reliability....Max Budget: 4.5k(not a single penny more)

Cheers
S.K

Check the following mice --

LOGITECH G400 ~1700/-
PROs --

• follows in the footsteps of the wildly successful MX518 and updates it for a new generation.
  • fast optical sensor ~3600 dpi.
  • the optical sensor make it a top choice for most FPS gamers. Really easy to configure using the LOGITECH driver.
  • Reliability and universal availability.

CONs --
  • right-hand bias.
  • no way of knowing which sensitivity level you are on.
  • Scroll wheel is a sore point.

LOGITECH G500 ~3500/-
PROs --
  • Crazy fast LASER sensor ~5700 dpi.
  • Again easy customisability with the LOGITECH drivers.
  • Inbuilt weight adjustment system.

CONs --
  • Scroll wheel is a sore point.
  • Iffy side-buttons.
  • A bit pricey considering what is on offer.

Corsair Vengeance M60 ~2800/-
PROs --
  • Crazy fast LASER sensor ~5700dpi.
  • Corsair comes calling and comes with the most robust build quality sub ~3000/- with an aluminium chassis.
  • Rudimentary weight increment system is incorporated.

CONs --
  • Crazy fast LASER sensor.
  • strictly limited to right-handed gamers.

Razer Death Adder ~2200/-
PROs --
  • Fast optical sensor ~3500dpi.
  • Available in a multitude of colour options; only lacks a POP-Art edition.
  • A rival of the LOGITECH MX518 and in extension the G400.
  • Basic design principle which is a favourite of many FPS-pros.

CONs --
  • RMA and build quality is under the scanner.
  • Very, very basic driver package.

What grip style do you prefer? For more on grip styles read this guide.
What games do you play?
Do you have a hard-surface mousepad OR a soft surface? For more on mousepads read this guide.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

#APLHA 17
What grip style do you prefer?
Palm Grip

What games do you play?
What can I say??...Almost every game

Do you have a hard-surface mousepad OR a soft surface?
When I change my mouse i think i will go with this pad: RAZER Vespula Gaming Mouse pad

and at least a mouse with11 buttons or more is preferable so that i can customize the buttons for Windows

Cheers
S.K

#APLHA 17
What grip style do you prefer?
Palm Grip

What games do you play?
What can I say??...Almost every game

Do you have a hard-surface mousepad OR a soft surface?
When I change my mouse i think i will go with this pad: RAZER Vespula Gaming Mouse pad

and at least a mouse with11 buttons or more is preferable so that i can customize the buttons for Windows

In that case you should look at these mice --

Roccat Kone ~4500/- [street price, the cost on flipkart.com is higher]
Corsair Vengeance M90 ~3900/- [here is the pricing]
Razer Naga ~4500/-

Hope this helps. Cheerio!!

If 11 buttons if necessary then Razer Naga is the option cause Roccat Kone and M60 has 8 buttons,Buying 4.5k Razer mouse is a risk to take.

The Razer Naga in my personal usage experience is a good mouse on paper, on practical application and day-to-day usage scenario the tightly crammed side button panel [for a lack of better words] is a ergonomic nightmare. Couple it with my larger than average hand and the situation is untenable.

Also the build quality issue with Razer products rears its ugly head on this occasion.

In the light of the same I recommend that OP goes for the Corsair Vengeance M90 ~4000/-. It's button layout is better than the Razer as well as after sales is in safe hands, Cheerio!!

Razer Naga Hex is one more option, but razer's durability is major concern here.
G500 is also a no go, it is not as robust as we think; currently using one and facing click issues randomly.

Razer Naga Hex is one more option, but razer's durability is major concern here.
G500 is also a no go, it is not as robust as we think; currently using one and facing click issues randomly.

Cannot hold a candle to the number of buttons that are on the Corsair Vengeance M90. Plus it is more expensive and build quality as mentioned is nothing to write home about.

As suggested by ALPHA17 and by some experienced users.... i'm dropping the consideration of G500......I've seen the M90 and impressed by its build quality and design......but the Razar NAGA has its new version unveiled and I believe this time its is much better than the Previous version..check out the new version here

The M90 has 15 buttons and is slightly less priced than RAZER NAGA........which is great....

but the Razar NAGA has its new version unveiled and I believe this time its is much better than the Previous version..check out the new version here

Okay Sai, a new version doesn't mean the niggles with build quality will be sorted out. In fact chances are that it might just fail on you more often.

Also I reiterate my support for the Corsair M90. They have better build quality, much more buttons + reliable after sales service.

how about the E-Blue (Team Scorpion) Gaming series Mouse? Has anyone tried it before. The pricing (1k-1.5k) and looks are so tempting, but i'd like to know about the performance & ergonomics.

Just get the G500.. the first week of use I din't feel much for the product. I felt it was quite heavy even without any weights. But that's the ONLY con. You'll need some time to get adjusted to it. But once you've done that, it will improve your gameplay like no other mouse can.

I used to get invited to platoons and clan matches when I played battlefield 3. But if you play MMO's.. then I think you should buy that keyboard/mouse from naga.

Superb mouse. Would buy again. Fits like a glove if you're a rightie. :)

@rahul_hbo
How is the scroll wheel of G500?....i dont have any problem with the weight of the mouse as i am using Logitech Media play mouse

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using g500 for 2.5 years now. Since early last year, I have been facing left double click problem.. Around November last year, the right click button gave way. It would not register the right click some time or register it as a double right click (which means while playing FPS, it will scope the gun for a split second and return to unscope) which is very annoying. The only solution, hit both the buttons hard (reaaaalll hard) with your finger and it will work okay for an hour. Rinse and repeat. since last week, my scroll wheel has also gone bad. I have absolutely no idea about the warranty. Good or bad.... I never tried.. But i have heard Razer mice have the same issues...
Maybe its time to switch to other brands like corsair.. I dunno.... Just a heads up

This mouse was very good till it worked. 3 thumb buttons, left and right scroll buttons (essentially giving you 2 extra buttons). Also, I dont use middle mouse button at all in the games, so that is still working fine. Right now I am a li'l tight on budget, but I think I'll go for corsair M60 (with the 3rd thumb bitton), or one of similar thermaltake offerings.... Hell, I can even go for g500 keeping in mind its only good for a year.. I hate RMAing products.. but thats just me...

I have been using g500 for 2.5 years now. Since early last year, I have been facing left double click problem.. Around November last year, the right click button gave way. It would not register the right click some time or register it as a double right click (which means while playing FPS, it will scope the gun for a split second and return to unscope) which is very annoying. The only solution, hit both the buttons hard (reaaaalll hard) with your finger and it will work okay for an hour. Rinse and repeat. since last week, my scroll wheel has also gone bad. I have absolutely no idea about the warranty. Good or bad.... I never tried.. But i have heard Razer mice have the same issues...
Maybe its time to switch to other brands like corsair.. I dunno.... Just a heads up

This mouse was very good till it worked. 3 thumb buttons, left and right scroll buttons (essentially giving you 2 extra buttons). Also, I dont use middle mouse button at all in the games, so that is still working fine. Right now I am a li'l tight on budget, but I think I'll go for corsair M60 (with the 3rd thumb bitton), or one of similar thermaltake offerings.... Hell, I can even go for g500 keeping in mind its only good for a year.. I hate RMAing products.. but thats just me...

RMA-ed my LOGITECH G300, the guys at Rashi Peripherals took ~1 week to send it to Bombay and to get it replaced [brand new piece] from the LOGITECH main stock. It was a case of manufacturing defect. All in all I will say decent service [atleast got the mouse back], seriously they should keep stock of G series product in every major metro.

You say your mouse is 2.5 years old get it RMA-ed and then if the new piece also malfunctions a lot ditch the same and go for the Corsair M60. Cheerio!!

By the way what happened to your Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO acquisition? Does it work satisfactorily?

You say your mouse is 2.5 years old get it RMA-ed and then if the new piece also malfunctions a lot ditch the same and go for the Corsair M60. Cheerio!!

By the way what happened to your Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO acquisition? Does it work satisfactorily?

OMG, am glad you asked... I am running my proccy at 3.5GHZ at stock volts with temps between 41 and 53 (idle and load respectively). Before this I was running it at 60 and 75 for the past 3 years (at stock speed on the stock cooler) With evo, the idle at stock 2.8GHz was 30 and 40 at load with avg. around 32 which is excellent...lol.... (Granted, there was a lot of dust on the stock cooler when I removed it)... I am not getting any free time from work, otherwise I would have played with the voltage settings and all to push it to 4 GHz. Lets see when I get time. Although, I must say that I am not noticing too much of difference in the performance right now. It can be either because:
1) 3 cores are just not enough these days, no matter how far you push it
or, 2) I need to look for a new gfx card, which I am BTW... Just waiting for 7870 to fall to 15K range. Am waiting till July end, if the prices dont reduce, I'll just buy the 7850.. And, thres a reason why I am sticking to ATI... I HAVE to xfire...lol.... down the line though, so 660 (ti) are not even an option even if it performs better and available within the price range.. :(....

All in all, evo and gskill ripjawsx were excellent buys. Did you know that the 8 GB RAM cost 3600 at FK right after I bought it for 3K.... Its so funny, because for the first time in my life I have actually seen something INCREASE in prie after I buy it.... Anyways, sorry for the long post. Just wanted to be clear and thank you and Jarod for the suggestions... I am gonna open a few new threads in the next few months, as its time to overhhaul the whole effing rig, right from the CPU to the mouse including the cabby... and probably some bling bling.... keep up the good work...

Back