Need help from Delhi Members - Galaxy S2

Freaky

ex-Mod
Friend recently bought a S2 from a TE member who forgot to wipe it before handing it over :p

And when my friend tried to wipe it yesterday, it asked for the password to the seller's Samsung account which he got after contacting the seller. Since then the phone is stuck in a bootloop - does not go past the screen where it displays the Galaxy S2 boot animation

My friend isn't too familiar with flashing stuff. Need a TE member who can help with this - I know that all you need is to download the firmware (this is a Europe version) and flash through ODIN

Anyone?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

Vol Up + Home + Power

It will get him into standard 3e recovery.

he will see Wipe Data/cache option

scroll over to it using volume keys..

press home/power to select. (not sure which one for sgs2)

in case he select the wrong one, screen will go black.. just press the wrong one again to get the screen back to live.

If this does not solve the problem then he will have to do odin restore.

for odin, download mode combo is

Vol Down + Home + Power

Contact this guy:

twitter.com/kalpik

lives in Delhi and knows Galaxy S II in and out. Also, check with amitabhishek who is good at loading and fixing ROMs

The standard recovery wipe data and cache doesn't work. Boot loops still.

His office is in Connaught Place. But he can come over anywhere nearby to get this fixed

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

I can help me out. You just need to explain me over the phone and I will do it. Ask if he can come down to Rohini. And make all communications with me over pm as I might skip the thread to check your reply.

^Over the phone, you are certainly awesome as a tech support! :)

Recall how you helped my roomie setup the Buffalo router and flash it with the tomato firmware? :p

Back