Budget 41-50k Need help in building a new rig

amansagar

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

• Building a PC for the first time .

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

• CPU - Intel Core i5 2400
  • Motherboard - Intel DH67-BL
  • GPU - Sapphire HD6850
  • RAM - G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1
  • HARD DISK - Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB
  • MONITOR - Dell ST2220L
  • OPTICAL DRIVE - Samsung [OEM] optical drive
  • CABINET - NZXT Gamma
  • Seasonic S12II 520W
if i missed something please suggest the component best in my range.

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

• Final Configuration

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

• Bangalore
  • Open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

• Yes if it's in good condition and still in warranty.

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

• Gaming
  • Watching HD Movie

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

• No i don't have any such dislike for a particular brand am just searching fr best configuration and performance with good support on the parts.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

• Prototype 2
  • Max Payne 3 mostly action , rpg , fps games which are latest

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1. Gaming - 1920*1080
  2. Desktop - 1366 × 768

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

• Yes if it is possible in my budget

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

• Windows 7 64 bit
  • Linux - Ubuntu

@amansagar you will not be over-clock in your budget, here is what I suggest --

Intel Core i5 2320 ~10000/-
Intel DH67-BL ~5600/- OR MSi H67MA-E35 ~4800/-
G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 ~1700/- [add another 4GB RAM module later]
AMD HD 7850 2GB ~16500/- [better get this any card below this is to weak and not future proof for HD-resolution gaming]
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~5000/- [OR buy a second hard drive with warranty from the Member's Market]
HP [boxed] optical drive ~1000/-
NZXT Gamma ~2600/- [should be available at Golccha Computers]
Seasonic S12II 520W ~3800/-
DELL ST2220L ~8500/-
APC BR1100VA-IN ~5000/- [this is the UPS, I recommend you buy this if the power situation in your locality is poor]
Altec-Lansing BXR1221 ~1000/- [basic 2.1 speakers -- OPTIONAL] you can add whatever audio peripheral you want to the system]
LOGITECH K200 keyboard ~450/-
LOGITECH G400 ~1500/-

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

P.S. -- Welcome to TE hope you have a pleasant stay.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the difference in battery backup of APC BR650VA-IN and APC BR1100VA-IN ?
and you suggested to buy 2 harddisks ? what is the benefit of having 2 hard disk ?

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

And there isn't much price difference between Intel Core i5 2320 and Intel Core i5 2400 ... but 2400 is better than 2320 na ? So which one should i go for any why ?

What is the difference in battery backup of APC BR650VA-IN and APC BR1100VA-IN ?
and you suggested to buy 2 harddisks ? what is the benefit of having 2 hard disk ?

And there isn't much price difference between Intel Core i5 2320 and Intel Core i5 2400 ... but 2400 is better than 2320 na ? So which one should i go for any why ?]

The difference between the two is that the APC 650VA UPS may OR may-not be able to take the load of your system. On the other-hand the 1100VA will get you around 10 minutes of back-up.

I said if you feel the new hard-drive is very expensive you can buy a second-hand drive [under warranty].

There is not a great price difference between the Sandy-Bridge Core i5's they are all the same chip [essentially] with different stock clocks and boost states.

Thanks a lot ALPHA17 and all the details were usefull ... Which shop you'll recommend to buy the pc and from where to buy second hand drive if i consider buying one ?

Thanks a lot ALPHA17 and all the details were usefull ... Which shop you'll recommend to buy the pc and from where to buy second hand drive if i consider buying one ?

In Bangalore these are the shops I can recommend --
  • Golccha IT Trade
  • Aashirwaad Computers
  • Jainex Computers [contact this guy first, Gautam Jain]
For a second hand drive, look here --> Sell or Trade Products.

Buy Toshiba 32" HD LCD TV 32HV10ZE India Online- Find Price and Reviews for Toshiba 32" HD LCD TV 32HV10ZE timtara

is this a good choice for using as monitor in a system if you are looking for a bigger monitor ? it's price is around 15.5k ...

I have heard most people on TE avoid purchasing anything from TimTara as they are considered fraudsters as well as do not deliver the products [took a guy here ~6 months to get his refund]. http://www.techenclave.com/hot-deals-discussions/bad-experience-timtara-124810/#post1544840 / http://www.techenclave.com/consumer-feedback/how-timtara-134357/#post1673851

Also, never used a TV in a monitor role, so cannot comment on how the image quality and other parameters might get affected.

Hope this helped, Cheerio!

ALPHA17

can i use Sapphire radeon hd 7850 oc version in my rig and can i overclock it in future if i want to with my configuration .
And out of these 2 which will be better for me ? Intel DH67-BL ~5600/- OR MSi H67MA-E35 ~4800/-
as i won't be using more dan 16 gb ram at any point ...
and what is the major difference between these two motherboards ?

The Radeon HD7850 OC version is factory overclocked but yes you can still overclock it if you need.You'd g ofor Intel H67 mobo cause the intel mobo has 4 Ram slots compared to Msi one,Everything else is the same.Also Intel has good A.S.S.
ALPHA17

can i use Sapphire radeon hd 7850 oc version in my rig and can i overclock it in future if i want to with my configuration .
And out of these 2 which will be better for me ? Intel DH67-BL ~5600/- OR MSi H67MA-E35 ~4800/-
as i won't be using more dan 16 gb ram at any point ...
and what is the major difference between these two motherboards ?

Thanks Jacob ..
What's the difference in the benchmark or specification of Radeon HD7850 OC and the normal HD7850 and both of them can be overclocked to same values or some difference is there ...
About the motherboard if there isn't any difference except the ram slots then 2 slots is more than enough for me ... then should i go for Msi one ? as my budget is a little tight

What's the difference in the benchmark or specification of Radeon HD7850 OC and the normal HD7850 and both of them can be overclocked to same values or some difference is there.

About the motherboard if there isn't any difference except the ram slots then 2 slots is more than enough for me ... then should i go for Msi one ? as my budget is a little tight

Nothing will be different between the two cards under most circumstances, maximum ~5 -->10fps difference in select scenarios. In my opinion if you are confident enough go for the stock HD 7850 2GB card and over-clock it to the max, if not so sure buy the HD7850 OC edition and do not do anything with it.

The performance of both motherboards should be similar [as they have the same chipset at their hearts -- H67]. I have had experience with the MSi RMA and they are reliable chaps although heard reports of them under-crediting EoL components / peripherals.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Intel Core i5 2320 ~10000/-
MSi H67MA-E35 ~4800/-
G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 ~1700/-
AMD HD 7850 2GB OC ~16500/-[NOT SURE ABOUT THE PRICE]
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~5000/-
HP [boxed] optical drive ~1000/-
NZXT Gamma ~2600/-
Seasonic S12II 520W ~3800/-
DELL ST2220L ~8200/-
MICROTEK 800VA~2800/-
LOGITECH K200 keyboard ~450/-
SPEAKER AND MOUSE I ALREADY OWN - RAZER DEATHADDER and ALTEC LANSING VS2621
THANKS ALPHA17 and Jacob ... Am planning to move ahead with this configuration ... Are my pricing up to date ? And Is this overall configuration good according to you guys ? And can i get some discount if i buy everything from one shop only

AMD HD 7850 2GB OC ~16500/-

Yes, most shop-keepers are willing to knock off a little from the price when you buy the whole RIG from them. Though it is not something I can guarantee you.

Also, if you can hold out on the graphics card purchase for a little longer you can bag the nVidia GTX 660Ti that completely demolishes the former.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

P.S. -- if you want to tag someone in your posts, use @<follow by name>, e.g. -- @amansagar.

Last edited by a moderator:
ALPHA17
i can wait for the GPU but what will be the price of GTX660ti AND when it will be launched ?

They are saying August end, most probably by mid-September it should trickle into India, expect it to be priced ~20000/- INR. It will trigger a price-war between itself and AMD HD 78** series cards. So win-win if yo wait.

Back