Need help in buying an Inverter - urgent

I am more worried about the laptop and 32 inch IPS screen, WiFi router and fibre setup rest it optional. In current situation 8 - 10 hrs backup is my target. On Friday it's mostly gone. Reset of the time in rainy season some what 6-7 hrs.

Is your discom MSEDCL? Even I have 8hrs power cuts on Fridays.
Laptop will work for ~4 hrs since it has a battery. You can run it on battery till it loses charge to 30% and then charge it on inverter.

Max load of laptop on inverter during charging will be 65-90W.
LED TV will take 50W load.
Fan 65W.
Router another 5-10Watts.
Light not counting since load shedding is during the day.
Total requirement = less than 200W. 220Ah battery is more than sufficient for 10 hours backup. You will probably get 10-13hrs backup before the ups starts beeping.

Is your discom MSEDCL? Even I have 8hrs power cuts on Fridays.
Laptop will work for ~4 hrs since it has a battery. You can run it on battery till it loses charge to 30% and then charge it on inverter.

Max load of laptop on inverter during charging will be 65-90W.
LED TV will take 50W load.
Fan 65W.
Router another 5-10Watts.
Light not counting since load shedding is during the day.
Total requirement = less than 200W. 220Ah battery is more than sufficient for 10 hours backup. You will probably get 10-13hrs backup before the ups starts beeping.
The it's MSEDCL [emoji28]

Laptop battery is dead and they as asking ₹3,300 for a replacement. So thought why not go for a inverter itself [emoji23] and it's keyboard was also destoryed by ants so mechanical keyboard plus gaming mouse.

Last week due to cyclone vayu not a single day I was properly able to work [emoji17]

I saw that zelio 1100+ is only 900va inverter so will check for something more like 1200 to 1600 which works on 12v single battery [emoji28]

Last week due to cyclone vayu not a single day I was properly able to work
emoji17.png

I saw that zelio 1100+ is only 900va inverter so will check for something more like 1200 to 1600 which works on 12v single battery

Yes, stupid discom is shutting power for hours even if there was just small breeze or it started drizzling. For your setup even 900VA is more than enough. You could get an APC 850VA ups (if its available) too and use it with the 220AH battery. I'm using APC 850VA with 150AH battery. Any UPS above 1000VA requires 2 batteries since they change to 24V instead of 12V like below 1000VA. The higher you go, the voltage rating goes higer and number of batteries in series/parallel go higher. Those cost too much to afford for normal people.

Edit: APC 850VA supports max 180AH battery.

Edit2: Looks like this Microtek ups has just 12v battery for 1125VA.

Last edited:
Edit: APC 850VA supports max 180AH battery.

Edit2: Looks like this Microtek ups has just 12v battery for 1125VA.
That microtek also supports a max of 180Ah. Can handle a max of 900W load.
microtek hybrid.jpg

Strange claims in the description

Wondered what "hybrid" means
  • Hybrid Technology for Noiseless and Better Performance with Longer Backups & Battery Life.
meaningless

The next one takes the cake

• IBGM Technology – Increases Battery Life and Performance by maintaining correct Battery Gravity.
huh? o_O

Back