Video Need help in deciding 48 - 55 inch LED TV Model (TCL,Noble,LeEco & VU)

yadusaiyan

Disciple
Need your help . Mainly those who viewed / experienced TCL , Noble , LeEco and VU brand.
1) Budget range is 40 - 65 K
2) Good Picture Quality / Color reproduction , Less input lag etc ...
3) Usage : Games and Movies .Would be connected to HTPC or PC so don't really care whether it's a smart TV or not .
List of models interested in
TCL L55P1US 4K - Rs 49K
Noble Skiodo 48 inch 50SM48P01 FULL HD - 31K
VU TV ?? - 40 - 50 Range FULL HD OR 4K ?
LeEco 55inch 4K TV - 60K

Don't Care
1) Smart TV
2) Full HD or 4K

Order of Preference
Picture Quality & Input Lag (Games) > After Sales service / serviceability > Bigger Screen > Money

So Noble Skiodo 48 inch Full HD is 31 K which if it has good picture quality and after sales service then would definitely buy Noble rather than buying the costlier LeEco 55 inch 4k if it has bad quality and service ...
Also if all the above brand are not worth buying please suggest other alternatives or should i go with Panasonic | Samsung | LG etc ?

Right now gaming with GTX 670 . But will be buying 1070 in future after a significant price drop . Mainly would be playing at 1080p but then might end up playing in 4K(at-least some games with lower settings) or watching 4k movies . Though i hardly watch 1080p movies / content currently .

Thanks in advance :):)...

Get Vu. It is reliable. I have one and have been using for over a year. Have heard good reviews from others as well.

@vivek_krishnan Thanks for your reply . Have you had viewed / experience with VU TV's?. Honestly VU was the only brand i had heard of before researching for TV's . I always had plan to buy VU 55inch 4k but they increased it's price from 60k to 76k :( . Let's see what other members have to say about TCL , Noble and LeEco.

@Neo-N Thanks for your reply . How is VU picture quality and is there any input lag while playing games . And can you tell something about VU after sales service ?

Go for the VU55K160GAU if you can get it at a good price, else wait for the Diwali offers. I bought it at 36k during the Flipkart sale around 3 months back and I'm very satisfied with it. You need to tweak the settings a bit
initially, but after doing so, I'd say the black levels and overall picture quality is better than my Panasonic 42E5D LED that I bought about 4 years back. Overall, complete value for money. I've hooked it up to my pc through
HDMI and have played quite a bit of FIFA with no issues.

@Nolasco You got amazing deal . On flipkart it's now @43K . I am going to visit their stores in Mumbai to checkout . VU has started increasing their price . Or don't know whether Flipkart doing this to promote/sell their other partner products . E.g. As mentioned earlier VU 55 4K prices was raised from 60K to 79K (~20K) maybe because of LeEco product launch in pipeline . Thanks for suggesting ... as this was one of the candidates.

Yes, they've probably inflated the prices to push the Le Eco models. When I bought it in May, the price was 40k, there was additional 2k off because of the sale and another 2k citi cashback.
They should have something similar for Diwali.

VU 55k160GAu was always priced at 43k, only during sales it comes down to 40k, anything below that is Tv exchange etc offers. So, the prices are not inflated or anything. Even now, 2k discount can be claimed using citibank cards.

Le Eco Tvs also look nice and come with two year warranty and free live streaming with 117 channels as standard. The price is excellent for a 55 inch 4kTV with nice specs and looks.

If you have budget of 40k then get 1080p VU and if the budget is 60k then it makes sense to get the 4K LE ECO.

If you do end up getting VU then definitely get 3 year warranty from VU official website, it costs 5k and is needed as many TVs nowadays fail just after 1 year warranty. I have got the extended warranties for my two VU TVs.

@Neo-N Thanks for your reply . How is VU picture quality and is there any input lag while playing games . And can you tell something about VU after sales service ?

It's at the farmhouse. So it is only used for Tata Sky. No problem whatsoever with it when used as a TV. Never tried Games or anything else. So can't comment.

As for service, I didn't need service. So, not sure about that either. Its been over a year and I didnt need service.

@RS4 Will look into warranty part Thanks. There are only Indian youtube videos for LeEco . No reviews online . Most of the replies in this thread are about VU . So now kind of inclining towards it .But TCL 55 inch 4k is for 48 - 49k . So i am confused between VU , LeEco and TCL ... the latter two are having budget 4K . Waiting for comments on TCL or LeEco . Else will just go with VU.

@RS4 Will look into warranty part Thanks. There are only Indian youtube videos for LeEco . No reviews online . Most of the replies in this thread are about VU . So now kind of inclining towards it .But TCL 55 inch 4k is for 48 - 49k . So i am confused between VU , LeEco and TCL ... the latter two are having budget 4K . Waiting for comments on TCL or LeEco . Else will just go with VU.

In that case, your only option is VU. Le Eco TVs were launched less than 30 days ago. So, it is obvious that you won't get any comments here. Personally, i won't care as all of these are cheap Chinese TVs, infact Le Eco is a much bigger brand than VU and they have also acquired Vizio TVs some time back.

I bought two VU TVs when most of the people in the real world and also online forums were sceptical and suspicious of new brand like VU but i had decided after the seeing numerous bitter experiences of people with expensive TVs, that the new TVs are just cheap, commodity junk which will go bad after some time.

So, just select your budget and then get the best cheap, Chinese TV in your budget. The TV market is now just a commodity, use and throw market just like any consumer goods unlike CRT TVs of yesteryears.

@OP - the prices of VU on Flipkart have increased because now they come with prepackaged 3 year comprehensive warranty.
Also, VU has launched a new range of HDR capable TVs yesterday, checkout flipkart, the older iconium series may be available for a discounted price in the next couple of weeks.

I too am in the same boat, looking for a good 65" TV for the living room, did a lot of research on LG 2016 UH range, VU & LeEco. LG is a bit too expensive for what it offers, prices for 55 start above 1.4L and 65 hits a whopping 2.5L, might as well wait and get an OLED at that price in the next couple of years.

LeEco is said to have very low input lag in many online reviews, but, the same people have complained about a lot of light bleed on the panel. Remember these VU and LeEco - low priced TVs are all Edge-Lit LEDs and not Direct-LED (Full Array).
Forget the Smart TV bullshit, as long as it has good PQ, you can add SMART functionality at 4-5K via Tv Boxes from sites like GearBest, these "Smart" TVs virtually never get an update and are obsolete within a year, the best solution as you have mentioned is to have a computer hooked to it. Most(all of VU & LeEco inclueded) of these "4K" Tvs cannot play Youtube content in 4K because they cannot decode VP9.

If you are planning to use a TV as a monitor, like me, go for a 4K TV. There is a decent amount of 4K content on the internet and even 1080p content looks better on a 4K screen than a 1080p screen. 1080 => 4K upscaling is not an issue at all.
If your primary consumption is for movies, either wait for HDR to become available in your budget or save to buy one, HDR is one of the more meaningful changes that has happened in the TV market in the past decade.
If your primary purpose is gaming and use in well lit room / day time usage, then the 55" LeEco is the best you can get at the moment. - (the OS on that one is a beta at best, so, don't be impressed by its features.)

Let us know of your decision and reasoning once you get it, good luck!

I went for home appliance shopping yesterday . I took that opportunity to look for various options available in TV's as well . Visited VU store ...VU 55k160 is priced at 50k ( with 3 years comprehensive warranty) i.e Flipkart 43K + 5K (Warranty) + 2k additional . The UHD models have the same prices as flipkart (As UHD on flipkart are inclusive of 3 years warranty). Checked Samsung 48J5100 Rs 55k (Amazon 52K) . Actually visited the VU store pretty late around 9:10 so it was about to close didn't get a chance to look around .... will visit the outlet again this week.

Bumping an old thread but relevant question,
Need your help guys on deciding which tv to buy
Leeco super4 X50 Pro- http://in.lemall.com/in/product/leeco_smart_tv/4k/50_inch_super4_x50pro_3d.html
It has HDR10 AND Wide colour gamut but worried about after sales service. I read their forums saw many people complaining about technician not coming and some update problems. Any of you guys have experience with their tv?
The next best option is this- http://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-49UH770T.
It is 10k more costly but has Dolby vision HDR and HDR10
Cheapest option I could find online is on ebay - http://www.ebay.in/itm/New-MODEL-LG...899772?hash=item237d786dbc:g:qU8AAOSwhOVXe0QN

It says manufacturer warranty and top rated seller but still, I have my doubts about buying on ebay.
Need your opinion guys, Thanks in advance.

Bumping an old thread but relevant question,
Need your help guys on deciding which tv to buy
Leeco super4 X50 Pro- http://in.lemall.com/in/product/leeco_smart_tv/4k/50_inch_super4_x50pro_3d.html
It has HDR10 AND Wide colour gamut but worried about after sales service. I read their forums saw many people complaining about technician not coming and some update problems. Any of you guys have experience with their tv?
The next best option is this- http://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-49UH770T.
It is 10k more costly but has Dolby vision HDR and HDR10
Cheapest option I could find online is on ebay - http://www.ebay.in/itm/New-MODEL-LG...899772?hash=item237d786dbc:g:qU8AAOSwhOVXe0QN

It says manufacturer warranty and top rated seller but still, I have my doubts about buying on ebay.
Need your opinion guys, Thanks in advance.

Wow that LeeCO TV looks tempting. Whats the general review of LeeCo quality. I actually want a large screen TV without any smart features.

Wow that LeeCO TV looks tempting. Whats the general review of LeeCo quality. I actually want a large screen TV without any smart features.
Don't know. But rtings.com says leeco4 is good enough. Not sure if it's the same panel. Difficult to find one without smart features and 4k screen.

Back