Android Need help in recovering data from a broken screen phone

HI
i Broke my Oneplus One screen badly and the the display is not working but the phone is getting connected to the PC unfortunately in charging mode . is there any way to change it to file transfer mode so that i can get the files out of it . is there any software which can extract the data ? .

Tricky situation. Any sort of input would require a working screen. Are you not getting the screen replaced? You can go to your local repair shop guy and see if he's willing to put a replacement screen long enough for you to back up.

^ Every repair guy would push to get the screen replaced at his shop. But once the body is open, the warranty is void anyways so why not get it repaired at local repair wala. If you're concerned about data theft, get the screen replaced in front of you

I got it replaced by local fellow for 3k as the original one costs 8 -9 k since its almost two year old one i thought not to invest that much on it .

Have you tried connecting a mouse through a OTG converter. Not sure this works just wondered. Having the same issue here, need to recover some data from my wife's one plus one but now that she seems happy with the spare phone I gave her, too lazy to try[DOUBLEPOST=1473169825][/DOUBLEPOST]
^ Is there difference in screen quality/ touch response?

Had already replacement my wife's phone screen before. The 3k screen is no where near as good as the original and well in the case of the phone at home it started failing itself after 4 months.

So i guess its important to always have your important data saved on a sdcard as everyone uses Phone locks etc.. If phone falls in water then phone itself will die but data will be secure.

Back