Budget 0-20k Need Help in Upgrading for a new PSU and Chassis

Doofus

Disciple
Hi Guyz,
Am in need of a new PSU and a new chasis for my PC .
My PC details are as follows

Proccy :- AMD Phenom X2 550 BE
Graphics : On board ATI Radeon 4200 series
MOBO : Gigabyte G785- U2SH
PSU :- 400W ( Non Branded)
Chasis :- Intex
HDD :- Seagate barracuda 320gb 7200 rpm + Samsung 80gb HDD.

I just need to upgrade the PSU and the chasis.
My budget for the PSU is around 3k and for the chasis is also 3k. Plz suggest me some good models.

Do you plan to add anything like a graphics card OR extra hard-drives down the line?

Where are you going to source these components from?

I would recommend the following --

NZXT Gamma ~2500/-
Seasonic S12II 520W ~3800/-

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

No i dont need a graphics card as i mostly use the PC for programming and surfing the net and for watching movies. Dont play any games really. HDD yes, i would like to add in the future but not for now.
I am likely to buy them frm lamington road mostly . If there is any good deal on the TE market then am open for it :)

For that you should go for-
Nzxt Gamma-2.4k and Corsair CX430V2-2.2k it'd be good enough for your rig.
No i dont need a graphics card as i mostly use the PC for programming and surfing the net and for watching movies. Dont play any games really. HDD yes, i would like to add in the future but not for now.
I am likely to buy them frm lamington road mostly . If there is any good deal on the TE market then am open for it :)

I am likely to buy them frm lamington road mostly . If there is any good deal on the TE market then am open for it

Well here is a deal thread for Seasonic SMPS by @apran, contact him and get the price for a S12II 520W, I recommend this over the S12II 430W OR Corsair CX V2430W because it has the provision of adding ~5 hard-drives vis-á-vis ~3 hard-drives for the lower rated SMPS.

The NZXT Gamma ~2400/- is a must have, it is available with Prime ABGB and The IT Lounge, Lamington Rd., Bombay. Add a few fans if you want to improve airflow inside it.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Corsair CX430V2-2.2k

Prime ABGB's latest prices for the CX V2430W is ~2600/-; this from their webpage. So where are you getting it for ~2200/-?

I have another query, is Prime ABGB bringing these --> Corsair TX550M and if they have it, what is their pricing for the same. @chiragsthakur you got any information on Prime getting this SMPS, Sire.

P.S. -- I got the drop from a member who was raving about Prime bringing a shipment of these and he saw them in their shop. I will link that post if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back