Need help selecting LED Flashlight!

tkin

Adept
Hey guys, I go on trips a lot and most of them are hiking/trekking trips that end up in places which do not have power.

So I need to use flashlights a lot. For illumination in a room or tent I use led lights attached to power banks which do an adequate job, plus candles in absence of wind which also provide heat.

But during the trek I have to rely on Eveready flashlights which suck. It has a minimum range and massive spill. The damn beam does not focus beyond 10 metes and around 50 meters it lights up everything but the intensity is so low that its almost impossible to distinguish anything, like a road, or house, or animals. And the build is very fragile, one tap against a rock can shatter the lens or break the body.

So does anyone here have any experience with these kind of flashlights, the ones with good focus, good range(50 meters or more), a rugged metal body? Plus they should run on AA/AAA batteries as well(not generic eveready batteries but high power duracell models).

I just recently ordered a torch from Amazon but its a small one for carrying around, not good for trips.

So if you have suggestions throw them at me.

Also I have researched some brand names like Maglite, Ultrafire, Fenix. All of the are using CREE LED/Drivers. So please suggest some models and the place to buy them from.

PS: My budget is around 2k max excluding batteries.

Back