Budget 31-40k Need help to build Mini ITX PC using Ryzen 3400g

HatimJB

Recruit
Hey guys, I am new here. Can anyone help me build a mini itx pc. I need it to be portable and compact for light gaming and design software work.
I have only basic understanding of itx etc. Preferably would want rhyzen 3400g so that it could be upgraded in future.
Any help appreciated.

mITX motherboards and mITX cases which are portable are quite expensive. Just letting you know.
First of all thanks for replying. Secondly you're right. I had'nt researched much on that but yes they are quite expensive. So I have decided to go with Matx only.
Can You give some advice on that?
Would like to have the case as compact as possible.
I have decided to go with 3400g for some software work and light gaming but other than that I am very new to this PC building.
What mobo ram PSU should I go for.
Thanks in advance.

I have a mini-ITX file server which you can check out here.

I can create a config but I need to know your storage requirements. Would a 250 GB SSD suffice for now and then you can add a hard drive later.

I was looking at upgrading my file server and this is the mobo I selected but bugger seems to be OoS in the usual PC hardware online shops.

Keep in mind though mITX rigs usually run hotter due to restricted airflow.

Selecting RAM for Ryzen is a bit of a pain but I checked this RAM kit against MSI's compatibility list and its supported.

1583869520247.png

PartModelPriceURL
CPURyzen 3400G
12249​
RAMAdata XPG Gammix D10 16GB (8GBX2) DDR4 3200MHz Red
6825​
MotherboardMSI B450I Gaming Plus AC
11100​
CaseCooler Master Elite 130
4899​
PSUCorsair CX450
3520​
Storage??
Total
38593​

Last edited:
I have a mini-ITX file server which you can check out here.

I can create a config but I need to know your storage requirements. Would a 250 GB SSD suffice for now and then you can add a hard drive later.

I was looking at upgrading my file server and this is the mobo I selected but bugger seems to be OoS in the usual PC hardware online shops.

Keep in mind though mITX rigs usually run hotter due to restricted airflow.

Selecting RAM for Ryzen is a bit of a pain but I checked this RAM kit against MSI's compatibility list and its supported.

View attachment 84833

PartModelPriceURL
CPURyzen 3400G
12249​
RAMAdata XPG Gammix D10 16GB (8GBX2) DDR4 3200MHz Red
6825​
MotherboardMSI B450I Gaming Plus AC
11100​
CaseCooler Master Elite 130
4899​
PSUCorsair CX450
3520​
Storage??
Total
38593​
Thanks for the detailed listing. But I have decided against going with itx due to heat and cost issue. Micro atx will be fine for me as long as the case is compact in size. Regarding mobo, any specific reason You went for that particular one?
I have added couple of screen shots. Any of those are good enough? Will they provide some future upgradability?

Also I have read that just for 3400g 350w PSU is more than enough. Why should I go for 450w PSU?

Attachments

• IMG_20200311_092509.jpg
    IMG_20200311_092509.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_20200311_092415.jpg
    IMG_20200311_092415.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_20200311_092509.jpg
    IMG_20200311_092509.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_20200311_092415.jpg
    IMG_20200311_092415.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 313
If you can find one,go with ASRock B450M pro4. It's around 6-7K and will still be good if you decide to upgrade your CPU down the line. If you can't find it, Gigabyte B450M gaming and MSI B450M VDH plus/Max are pretty good motherboards too.

I would suggest not getting MSI motherboard due to their horrible warranty services. You most probably will never have to RMA anything so it's not a huge deal but just in case.

You can also go through other PC hardware sites to find the cheapest price. (mdcomputers,vedant computers, PrimeABGB, TheITDepot). Get your stuff from wherever it's cheapest.

Last edited:
If you can find one,go with ASRock B450M pro4. It's around 6-7K and will still be good if you decide to upgrade your CPU down the line. If you can't find it, Gigabyte B450M gaming and MSI B450M VDH plus/Max are pretty good motherboards too.

I would suggest not getting MSI motherboard due to their horrible warranty services. You most probably will never have to RMA anything so it's not a huge deal but just in case.

You can also go through other PC hardware sites to find the cheapest price. (mdcomputers,vedant computers, PrimeABGB, TheITDepot). Get your stuff from wherever it's cheapest.
Staying in Mumbai I'll head down to lamighton road as well to check for parts. I'll look for the mobo u suggested.
Is the rest of the list good enough as shared by Mr Marcus fenix above?
Also in case of ram how good is adata? Haven't heard much of it?

Staying in Mumbai I'll head down to lamighton road as well to check for parts. I'll look for the mobo u suggested.
Is the rest of the list good enough as shared by Mr Marcus fenix above?
Also in case of ram how good is adata? Haven't heard much of it?
I selected AData to stay within the budget constraint as well as compatibility. Personally I use G-Skill RAM.

Try to go for at least 3200+ MHz RAM as the performance of the in-built graphics of the 3400G goes up with RAM frequency.

And Amazon is the last resort for buying computer hardware as its usually more expensive there.

I selected AData to stay within the budget constraint as well as compatibility. Personally I use G-Skill RAM.

Try to go for at least 3200+ MHz RAM as the performance of the in-built graphics of the 3400G goes up with RAM frequency.

And Amazon is the last resort for buying computer hardware as its usually more expensive there.
I might have some money left as I will not be going for mini itx so will try go with faster ram.
Also what are my upgradability options here if say I want to add a graphics card 6-8montgs from now?
And how long will this system be relevant in future?
Also should I go for sata ssd or m2 ssd?

If you go for a compact mATX chassis you can add a GPU later on. The GPU compatibility will be defined by your case choice especially the length. But I don't think you are gonna upgrade to a monster RTX 2080Ti so the chances of your chassis blocking a GPU are slim.

The future relevance of the system depends on your desires and needs. :p
I have a 12 core 3900X and even that ain't futureproof.

I would suggest going for SATA SSD as you won't feel the speed difference between a SATA and M.2 SSD in real life usage.

If you go for a compact mATX chassis you can add a GPU later on. The GPU compatibility will be defined by your case choice especially the length. But I don't think you are gonna upgrade to a monster RTX 2080Ti so the chances of your chassis blocking a GPU are slim.

The future relevance of the system depends on your desires and needs. :p
I have a 12 core 3900X and even that ain't futureproof.

I would suggest going for SATA SSD as you won't feel the speed difference between a SATA and M.2 SSD in real life usage.
Most definitely I won't be going with rtx 2080ti.
But a gtx 1050ti or 1650 or so would me more than enough.
By future proof I meant maybe 2-3 years and more if upgraded the CPU etc.
Also if I'm going for Marx case shouldn't I then go for Matx mobo also? It would give more options for storage.
Also why do same type of GPU have option of single as well as multiple fans?

Back