Need help with customs for mini pc

Hi guys,

I bought imito qx1 from geekbuying for 80USD on 4th June by paypal. Was expecting its delivery in couple of weeks but as time went faced troubles in the way.

Item was shipped on 14th June and since 20th to 26th it was stuck in customs. Reason given in courier tracking was, 'Need information about import license'. So after waiting for few more days, today postman came to deliver it and asked 1.2k for customs etc. I was surprised as i have seen quite a few people getting these without customs.

Postman didnt have customs or any receipts without which i refused to pay. So he asked me to visit post office 2morow for complete details and pay amount there and collect the item.

I need help from the guys who ordered mini pcs / something from geekbuying.

As total cost is coming more than the price from ebay, i was thinking of rejecting delivery now and get refund from paypal. But i am not familiar with paypal refund conditions and also reverse shipping from post office back to geekbuying.

Please pour in your suggestions.

@varkey, @amit_talkin

PS: I couldn't find other thread of a fellow who was asked to present import lic by customs. If anyone know about it, please post the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems it came by ems speed post. In such cases you will have to pay customs since importing items above 5k through speed post is not allowed. I was told this by a customs officer himself when I found myself in a similar situation. Post office will take 100 bucks extra from you whether you take the parcel from post office or not. This is their normal delivery charges for ems speed post package.

originally it was shipped by Singapore post, dont know who was indian operator.

Whats with request for import lic. even for one unit of a product? And i am buying from international source for 2nd time only. First was pantech cover that came from USA.

@6pack, what did u import? Was it from geekbuying?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess its normal airmail. Its delivered by the destination country's postal service, so by IndiaPost. Only low value items come duty free and it depends on your luck. International shipments valued above Rs 2000 through postal channels can even be charged duty at 40%.

You will need to pay the duty and collect the item. I am not sure how the return process works, you could try rejecting the item.

I am not sure whether paypal automatically refunds amount on rejection of delivery or it waits for item to reach back to seller. I dont know whether item will be shipped back to original source or auctioned off by indian post/ customs. Would appreciate feedback from experienced members.

Your only and best option is to pay the duty and take the parcel. Take some id proof with you.
Paying customs duty is customers trouble. If you reject the parcel, probably you won't get money back from PayPal if seller objects.

I agree that customs is my responsibility but if shipping method used by geekbuying entitles to retturn shipping for unclaimed packages, that would solve the problem. In the mean time got reply to mail from geekbuying. Surprisingly they are okay with me rejecting delivery on account of incorrect levy of customs.

As long as GB is fine with return, i guess paypal can refund me as i have rejected delivery. Today is last day given by post ooffice to collect shipment. So after checking with them, will update here.

I would also advise you to pay the customs and take the parcel. There is no guarantee that after you reject the parcel that it will go back to the seller. Also, remember refunds etc. take a lot of time and constant follow ups. Even then if Paypal decides that your reason for rejecting the parcel is not in accordance with their policies then you're screwed.

Post office will not send it back. You will have to ship it back. Once it reaches the seller, then and only then you will get the refund.

Finally collected from post office. I too think one cant count on post office and customs to ship it back to source and didnt want GB to lose money too. They being from china and poor in english may have lead to misunderstanding. They only mentioned in mail that 'let customs send back item to singapore'. Nothing about refund or whether singapore post will do own their own etc.

So posting this by connecting it to my dell monitor atm. Wires a bit short to connect with TV right now. Shall work out something. Got lot of things to do with rooting, flashing with new FW (for 1080 if its application).

Btw person at post office did mention item will go back to source if rejected but when asked about customs already charged, he had no clue. So i left taking the package.

Typical to post office (gov) business, no document given to me even after repeated asking about customs evaluation, bill of entry etc. Saw one receipt which also he refused to give in which product cost was refered as 3k and customs charged at 41.42%.

Back