Need help with display drivers

Hi guys,

I installed win 10 x64 (super light, slipstreamed version for best performance) on old toshiba laptop having intel 2nd gen CPU and corresponding inbuilt GPU. And having issues finding right drivers for GPU.

With default windows 10 (lite) drivers, laptop isnt taking display's optimum resolution. And toshiba website isnt having drivers for such a old laptop.

I tried couple of driver auto updating utilities. They even found and updated display driver but with those drivers backlight of the laptop display stops working. Even though it accepts better resolution. So with these drivers i have only issue with backlight of the display.

Is there anything i can do to fix it? Or get alternative drivers elsewhere?

I tried intel diagnostic utility but its saying no drivers are available for the combination of hardware and OS.

In worst case scenario i will have to downgrade to win 7. (I hate win 8 so wont bother using it).

Downloading. Shall give it a try and revert. Tks.

Edit: Didn't work.

Tried few older versions as well. Same issue.
This didn't work. But I installed full win 10 setup and after manually updating driver through windows update it took working driver giving full display resolution.

So issue is solved. Shall export these drivers and install them in slimstreamed performance oriented version of win 10.

This didn't work. But I installed full win 10 setup and after manually updating driver through windows update it took working driver giving full display resolution.

So issue is solved. Shall export these drivers and install them in slimstreamed performance oriented version of win 10.
I found drivers in the form of .cab file which needs to be installed manually as drivers. So issue solved completely.

Back