Need help with dispute for crazeal deal

Hi guys,

I had bought pizza coupons from crazeal for 2k on 18th Nov for a party which we friends had to cancel. Coupons were valid till 23rd Nov. As i could not use the coupons in the mean time, i sent a mail to crazeal for order cancellation and refund. As i was out of station for work i sent this mail at 11:15 pm on 23rd Nov, i.e. last day of validity. I thought i am eligible for refund as i intimated them before coupon expired and it was well within their 7 days return/ cancellation policy. Next day i received mail from them saying they cant cancel/ refund for vouchers which are expired and they would have helped if i had approached them in the evening on the same day i.e. 23 Nov.

Now i dont understand how timing matters. I followed all their terms mentioned in their policy. So thought of approaching consumer forum or 3rd party entity like cnbc etc. I need your help, advice whether it would be correct thing to do. Even though 2k is small amount, its too much for the service/product which i didnt use.

Appreciate your replies on this.

Sorry, missed out that info while typing. Edited first post as well.

Bought coupons on 18th Nov which had 23 Nov expiry date.
I asked them to cancel them on 23rd night itself. Got reply next day i.e. on 24th, saying they cant do it saying vouchers are expired.

Their CC clearly mentioned in ticket resolution thread ( on their support site) that they would have cancelled and refunded if i had approached them when vouchers were valid. I thought thats what i did.....

I guess you were late in requesting to cancel.

The CC works the normal government hours. Even though you had sent the email on 23rd night, they wont have checked it till 24th morning. At that time, the coupons had expired. Hence no refund for you. You can still try to argue with them and you might get your monies back. Your call.

Edit : I am assuming that the people who take crazeal vouchers, need to take a physical copy and give it to the vendor who then submits to crazeal to obtain the money. Going by that, your money will still be with Crazeal.

I guess there is very less you can do here. You were indeed a little late to inform them about not needing the coupons. As soon as the party was cancelled you should have sent them an email. Last day warranty / cancel claims are very tricky and is a grey area. Also do try to find out their work timings. If you sent email within their work timings you should get a refund. If it was out of their work timings then there is not much you can do.

Getting a positive response now. Request for refund is forwarded by staff to concerned dept. Waiting for confirmation and refund. Funds will be in my account with 6 months validity and not credit card, which i dont mind. I was aware from the beginning that money is with crazeal only. As long as we dont redeem voucher it stays with them (good business tactic). Will update once i get back my money.

My only gripe was, they should have mentioned timing if they can not accept request 24x7. I just requested refund based on their current terms. I didnt ask refund for other vouchers earlier which didnt fit in their cancellation policy.

Happy to post that crazeal has refunded in the form of their own credit. CC agent helped solve issue. Probably initial bad rating i gave for support (which i intended for their policy) changed their decision.

Back