CPU/Mobo Need help with Gigabyte G31 ES2L drivers

hi guys,

I have installed Win 8 on my old pc with core 2 duo E8200 and gigabyte motherboard G31-ES2L. And only problem for making it final setup OS is missing display drivers. I tried searching on web but didnt get worthy results. So i am stuck at 12XX resolution on FHD monitor.

--------------------------------------
Display Adapter
--------------------------------------
Video Card: Intel G33 Chipset - Integrated Graphics 0 [GIGABYTE]
Video Chipset: Intel GMA X3100
Video Memory: Unknown
Bus Type: PCI
Video BIOS Version: 1471 PC 14.27 03/23/2007 16:54:14

If anyone using same motherboard/ display adapter please share the driver details. Really wasnt expecting driver issue with windows 8 which is working perfectly on my other machine and laptop.

Please help.

Thanks.

Ya, had tried windows 7 drivers from earlier installation but windows 8 refused to take them saying current drivers are latest.

Anyway, just now tried downloading driver pack from gigabyte site again (as had tried this option earlier also) and quite unexpectedly, this time drivers worked. Its basically Intel driver installation utility instead of only drivers. So relieved finally and using FHD resolution :yahoo:

Sorry for bumping old thread, but instead of display drivers, i am facing problem with audio drivers for the same motherboard. Anyone using this mobo please share the details for windows 8 x64. TIA.

Dont understand how initially didnt face problem with audio.

EDIT: Downloaded, installed latest release of drivers from realtek website instead of gigabyte and scanned system for hardware changes. That fixed the problem.

Last edited:
Back