Budget 90k+ Need help with parts for a new machine

doors666

Disciple
I am making a new machine and could use some suggestions. Its not for gaming, I wont have a video card as i only play simple games, which onboard card should be able to handle. Not looking to overclock. I will be using this for doing large builds for my work. OS will be some linux, probably fedora 27, dual boot with win7. My old haswell based pc will move to kids room. Monitor stays the same (some 20" odd led monitor with hdmi from benq).

I need some help with the PSU. I am considering the seasonic s12 or corsair tx550M. Are these overkill, will they be operating in their comfort zone. Is there a better recommendation.

I need a PSU.
I also need a large mouse. I got big hands. Any suggestions.
I also need a decent keyboard for the kids machine. not too expensive.

Here's the template -

1. What is your budget?
    • Open
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - benq
    • asus xonar essence pci
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel i7-8700
    • Motherboard - gigabyte Z370-HD3P (has PCI, needed for my sound card)
    • GPU - On board
    • memory - corsair vengeance 16*2gb lpx 3000mhz
    • chassis - corsair spec-03
    • disks - evo 960 500gb (builds) + evo 960 256gb (OS, home, win7), seagate 2tb 7200 rpm (storage)
    • PSU - ???
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Final
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Bangalore
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Usual Browsing etc
    • large compilations on linux
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • prince of persia, solitaire, minesweeper, wolf3d
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Desktop - 1440x900
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
    • Linux - fedora

Budget -89.6K

Intel Core i7 8700 -25000,
MSI Z370 Gaming Plus -12500,
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB(8GBx2) 3000Mhz -13000,
Seasonic M12II 620w -6800,
Antec P8 Tempered Side Glass Panel -5000,
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD -12000,
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD -10400,
WD Caviar Blue 2TB -4900.
TOTAL -89,600.

thanx for the quick reply.
I think I like the mobo i selected better. MSI has no usb 3.1 gen2 (red ports), no usb type c ports, only one m.2 port. inferior audio codec and no PCI slot.
I need a chassis which supports a dvd writer.
Both NVMe disks instead of sata. For normal work it probably wont matter, but for running multi process parallel make, it does. And I plan to use 32gb ram.[DOUBLEPOST=1516943967][/DOUBLEPOST]The machine I am handing over to the kids has an intel gen4 cpu G3320 I think. It has gigabyte b85m-d3h and 8gb ram. I got this around 3 years ago.
I have a very old graphics card lying around somewhere called zotac Geforce 8400gs. Is it worth putting it in, or the onboard graphics card will be better.

Last edited:
any suggestions on the mouse. Right handed, non gaming, wired, for big hands, whole hand grip (not fingertip/claw grip). wont like to exceed 3k for this, preferrably in 2k.

Edit: hand span is about 21cm

Last edited:
I finally got zowie ec1-a. nice and big, perfect for big hands.

the cpu is hitting 90C at high load. i have 4 120mm fans in place, the chassis is still open from both sides.

The stock cooler doesnt seem to be doing a good job. For now, i switched off the turbo mode.

any recommendations for a good cpu cooler, around 3k??
chassis is spec03, mobo is z370-hd3p, i7-8700, vengeance 2 sticks.

Last edited:
Its sometimes fuzzy for cpu temps. My i7 cpu temps hit 45c idle when side panel left open whereas when its closed it throttles within 38c.

The stock cooler doesnt seem to be doing a good job. For now, i switched off the turbo mode.

any recommendations for a good cpu cooler, around 3k??
chassis is spec03, mobo is z370-hd3p, i7-8700, vengeance 2 sticks.

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVo or if you can increase your budget till 4-4.5k then Coolermaster Masterliquid Lite 120.

Masterliquid Lite 120 is selling for around 3500 on amazon lightning deals. Wait for it to come again and pull the trigger. It is pretty good for the money.

spec-03 lists 157mm max cooler height.
unfortunately, many good coolers are more than that, the hyper 212, gammax400 are both bigger than that.[DOUBLEPOST=1517919094][/DOUBLEPOST]i think my choices are

antec c400
cooler master 103
cooler master H411
arctic cooler i32
deep cool gammax300
thermaltake contac silent

Anything i missed? whats the best bet.
I am using vengeance lpx ram, so there should be some clearance too for that.

Last edited:
spec-03 lists 157mm max cooler height.
unfortunately, many good coolers are more than that, the hyper 212, gammax400 are both bigger than that.[DOUBLEPOST=1517919094][/DOUBLEPOST]i think my choices are

antec c400
cooler master 103
cooler master H411
arctic cooler i32
deep cool gammax300
thermaltake contac silent

Anything i missed? whats the best bet.
I am using vengeance lpx ram, so there should be some clearance too for that.
You can go for an AIO liquid cooler like masterliquid 120.

It's not a bad machine, besides, if without videocards, then it would even be interesting how it would act in one situation or another, that the owner would be setting up.

You always need to keep an eye on the cooling system. The main problem is that many people buy powerful computers but don't carry out the maintenance service for them. At least once a year you need to dust the radiators and the boards, once a year change thermal paste on the processor and the graphics card, if there is one. this way you will keep your computer grateful to you and it will work quieter!

Btw liquid coolers require the liquid which we usually see in some bottle. Wondering how does this Master liquid lite 120 or AIO etc works without refills.

Btw liquid coolers require the liquid which we usually see in some bottle. Wondering how does this Master liquid lite 120 or AIO etc works without refills.

The evaporation is minimal since it's a closed loop so it probably doesn't lose that much fluid over time.
I personally haven't bought one for the same reason, there weren't any available that could be refilled at the time although there probably are some options available now.

Edit: Found this - https://www.pcgamer.com/chill-out-w...e-and-refillable-420mm-all-in-one-cpu-cooler/

Many sites seem not recommending AIO masterlite or are reluctant though reviews show it good but thats certainly at the cheap price offering so its obvious.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/775663-cheap-aio-or-hyper-212-evo/
http://www.overclock.net/forum/61-water-cooling/1627710-h80i-v2-vs-masterliquid-pro-120-a.html
http://community.coolermaster.com/topic/22149-temp-issues-with-cm-masterliquid-120/
https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...-cooler-masterliquid-lite-ml120l-rgb.2525969/

Reviews:
https://www.eteknix.com/cooler-master-masterliquid-120-aio-cpu-cooler-review/
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?293541-CoolerMaster-MasterLiquid-120-Review

In short, the temps at times appeared bad than air coolers, the screws seem brittle and can break easily if put some pressure, and lastly the loud sound issue of radiator.

I digged deep as was astonished to find water cooler at such a low price but decided to look for its quality inside real life user experiences and reviews coz at such low price its a steal to grab product but it failed to impress that much which is another question.

Still it aint bad at all than running on stock cooler.
Good logical part,
  • It keeps space clutter at bay by keeping cpu area pretty clean as
  • No heavy loaded heatsinks eating the space and straining the board and blocking the air flow
  • Some area to breathe for the in-case air circulation and lastly
  • For that neat looks inside the cabby.

Last edited:
Back