Need help with power point presentation :D

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
sorry if wrong section :p

Guys I need to make PPT presentation on topic IMPORTANCE OF INTERNET IN AN BUSINESS & ORGANIZATION :D

i have made one which i think is quite well done but still i need to get to know the trends on how to present it.

I want to do the presentation in the way people do in business or in an organization :) so need suggestion on how to do it.

+ if any one can share a ppt they must have given in the past for see just the way the effects are given to the text and slides that can give the ppt a professional look will be great :D

i would have uploaded my ppt but it's size is 10mb + and i am on mobile net so not possible for me to upload any thing :(

I just want to give the ppt a professional look and my best .

i have office 2010 so extra effects can be used in it :)

Presentation is on Monday :)

will try to have a print screen pic and upload it but the effect can't be seen in it :(

Thank you for reading .

I just want to give the ppt a professional look and my best .

i have office 2010 so extra effects can be used in it

IMHO a professional presentation is about the content, I personally never use those cheap effects while making presentations.

Better use simple transition rather than some fancy presentation. Make sure font and images is easy to view and you should have prepared for addressing.

I have a ready ppt on Internet Banking.

Do tell me if you want that

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Dark Star said:
IMHO a professional presentation is about the content, I personally never use those cheap effects while making presentations.

Better use simple transition rather than some fancy presentation. Make sure font and images is to view and you should have prepared for addressing.

These are the exact words i was advised when i showed my sir a sample ppt :)

That's what i am focusing on :)

i have used a effect named vortexed in the slide transition and normal zoom effect for title and whip for the body text so is it ok or is it over doing ?????

no images have been added as i am a noob @ ppt making and as on such topic what type of images should be added it a point to think :/

there are 10 slides in this ppt .

Effects are fine in college, not in the corporate world. Not even when you are doing a casual presentation.

Some thumb rules of a good PPT.

• Content is very important. VERY.
  • Do not clutter your slide. Have points (powerPOINT remember)
  • Points should be crisp, and may ignore grammar, but should convey the meaning at a high level
  • YOU should translate the point to the audience
  • NEVER read from a slide
  • YOU do the transition from slide to slide, do not wait for the next slide's content to come up. Remember, people should follow you, not the slides.
  • Never put forth an entire verbose slide in one shot - put it point by point, or section by section. People have a tendency to read if you put a lot of text. They lose the connect with you.
  • Nothing works as well as a picture - and that includes graphs. A picture is so powerful - the saying a picture is worth a thousand words feels underrated.
In the end, a PPT isn't about putting up hundreds of slides with tonnes of text. It is just what it stands for - putting points forth effectively.

And yes, jazzy effects and jarring backgrounds / fonts are a complete NO NO when it comes to professional presentations.

TS101881352 is the slide design which i downloaded for the official support site i.e. from office.microsoft.com/en-in/templates/results.aspx?qu=presentations :)

so will it be counted in for a professional presentation slide design ????

sorry cant upload it to first post as edit is not working for me :(

asingh said:
Just looking at those thumbnails, there is way way too much text.

Agree with you

@OP - shorten the content as much as possible and keep them as points like how you do adding with bullets,etc

princeoo7 said:
@ swastikrj :

IT would be my pleasure to have a look at that ppt :)

Just read my post once. What you have done is exactly what I have put under the NEVER category. Not an issue. Just read through those paragraphs you have copy pasted once. What is the summary? Now if you have to put that in 4 points - not more - exactly 4 points, how would you do it? Put down those 4 most important points. Now read these points. Have you missed something? Have you missed a lot? Decide the one most important thing you missed out if any. Put that point down too. 5 points. Slide over. Next slide. Repeat.

Use points. Do not make sentences like that above. In PPT, you are supposed to speak, the PPT is to give a gist of what you are speaking on. Also, do not read from the PPT. And keeps the points clear, concise and simple.

If you do use images, ensure that the layout is not skewered.

Use charts for greater effects.

Finally, there is no need for transitions, unless you think the slides need to be blinged out. If you plan to give it to corporates, use the KISS rule.

@ Gaurish : I known that :p

that's why I started this thread ;)

It a class presentation and I just want to have a little of professional look in my presentation.

will try the shortening thing after 8 as light not there till 8 pm :(

can any body proivde me with some gif images on the points i am including in the presentation ??????

for points see image no. 3 :)

Back