Need help with the backup

Wanda

Recruit
I will be submitting my Laptop to a repair shop near me. The laptop is supposed to be formatted and all my fails will be deleted in the process. The repairer says he will backup my system completely. The main issue is-my Outlook emails. The last time he did, I found most of my emails with no attachments. the retrieved copies were terrible. Rest of the files were okay, just the mails part had an issue. can you suggest me something ASAP to get them backed up correctly?

Dont you use .pst files to store your outlook mails?
Simple! Just copy those pst files on your external drive and thats it.
When you receive the laptop just create a new outlook profile with your relevant mail details and mount those psts. Easy as 123...

Unable to locate the PST file. The expected location has OST files with the name of my mail ID.
Here is an update:
I read it somewhere that these OST files don't download the complete emails and their attachments. I shouldn't have blamed the repairer's application for the broken attachments at the retrieval. But now I need a way to get these emails downloaded correctly.
I am relying on my backup for the local folders mainly, along with the IMAP emails.

Imap? It means your all mails are stored on mailsrvr and only sent items stored locally on your pc. So in imap there isnt any loss as such except you can create a local pst and move your sent emails there.

Thanks for your reply nRiTeCh.
Actually, I consider these offline files as a backup against deletion of mails from the mail server. Therefore need them, and here i find, that they are not downloaded properly.
Maybe I should go for a POP account.
But again that makes me system dependent. one crash and i lose all my mails in a flash.
Is there a way that I can get offline copies of emails completely downloaded, no damages and in a way that i could fetch mails from it as a backup any time i need?

Back