Budget 0-20k Need home and office use laptop

Skyh3ck

Adept
Hello

I need to buy a laptop

Main usage home and office.
Excel, word, online tender etc.
No specific brand preference.

I will prefer IPS screen and Optical Disk Drive if possible.

Budget is 15- 24 k

Hey guys

I was away for quite some time.. could not make purchases

Can you please suggest me a good one..

Can we buy from usa online and ship to india..

Also how good are those cheap sub 20k laptop

The laptop price are insane compare to hardware performance.. still I have very small house no place to keep desktop..
So only use laptop.. any second hand or refurbished suggestions

Hey if I travel to USA and while coming back I buy laptop and bring it here.. will there be any custom duty..

If I buy a laptop a tablet, some desktop parts.. for personal use.. will there be any duties I have to pay..

How can I avoid custom duty in such case..

Hey if I travel to USA and while coming back I buy laptop and bring it here.. will there be any custom duty..

If I buy a laptop a tablet, some desktop parts.. for personal use.. will there be any duties I have to pay..

How can I avoid custom duty in such case..

for personal use there won’t be. Technically there is a cap of upto 25k inr but it’s never enforced, also it depends what city you fly into.

If you come in to Delhi it’s very liberal as they’re not looking for traveller like you. They’re more focused on gold diamond and other high value items plus contrabands. I fly international more than a few times every month for over 7-8 years and I don’t recall every being stopped.

Also if you’re carrying loads of luggage then there is a slight possibility of checking even then you can avoid it by saying that your relocating.

lastly if your not the types to save all the packaging and boxes then ditch all the unnecessary items and bring only the actual goods, so even if they check it’ll pass as a personal device.

All in all there is less than 1% chance of you getting checked unless you’re looking/behaving shady, that’s my personal opinion.

hope this helps, cheers

Thanks a lot
Post automatically merged:

How is a lenovo laptop with i3 8th gen intel ith 4 gb ram and tb hdd in 23 k

Anyone reply

Last edited:
I’ve never used Lenovo so wont comment on that but my assumption is that hp is better than Lenovo.

checkout this model below, I recently purchased this to be used in office and the best part is it comes with a licence of Windows and latest ver of ms office (not 365). I don’t think this is IPS display but I’m really satisfied with it. Plus it’s cheaper. Considering your usage I doubt the processor is going to make much difference.

HP 14-inch Laptop (9th Gen A4-9125/4GB/1TB HDD/Win 10/MS Office 2019/AMD Radeon R3 Graphics), 14-cm0123au https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07XBTW42F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4MnsEbESSP81Q

How is i5 8th gen for around 25 to 30 thousand used laptop.

How is i5 8th gen for around 25 to 30 thousand used laptop.

Last edited:
But sold now

How good is i3 8 thgen in 23 k new with 4 gb ram and 1 tb hdd and 15 inch HD screen

@bssunilreddy where are you reply

What is good AMD A6 9225 vs I3 8130U.. most of the laptop comes with 4 gb ram and 1TB HDD..

Other are insanely prices high just by adding 4 gb and SSD the price is almost 70- 80% higher.

I am planning to buy one and add ram and ssd myself later..

What say

What is good AMD A6 9225 vs I3 8130U.. most of the laptop comes with 4 gb ram and 1TB HDD..

Other are insanely prices high just by adding 4 gb and SSD the price is almost 70- 80% higher.

I am planning to buy one and add ram and ssd myself later..

What say
AMDs are generally good. You can compare any processor on cpuboss.com. Just have a look there. I have an old laptop with core2duo and 4 gb ram that works way better than my i3 4gb version. And I want to sell my old laptop, in case you or someone else is interested, ping me.

I had i3 5 th gen laptop.. that was always slow even on fresh installed windows.

It had 4gb ram and 1 tb hdd with windows 10 pro.

Anyone here know how good is AMD mobile processor compared to Intel's

I had one laptop with amd processor.IMHO they run hot compared to intel processor eats up battery fast.For new generation i can"t say as i bought this laptop 5,6 year back.
Recently i bought a dell i5 4th gen(second hand import from us) in 13.5 inch touch screen with gorilla glass protection,8gb ram and 256gb m.2 ssd.it has 1080p resolution.it costed me 20k
its working fine .you can look around for these busyness class laptops in local shops or buy sell section of forum if you like
regards

Back