Godfather

Disciple
Uses will be-

presentations (not 3D i feel)

music

mails

big storage for lots of data

will have to handle quite some abuse

Having had a good experience with the previous Dell laptop and assuming their after-sales-service is still good, i was looking at Dell Inspiron models.

Please check the home computing machines in the home essentials section and let me know which one to choose.

Dell Laptops/ Notebooks - Home & Home Office | Dell India

I could pick the i3 one which is at 40K approx as intended usage will be for 3 years. Or should i pick up the ones entry level Pentium one at 28K approx or the i3 one at 31K approx as it will be enough for the type of work as i am planning to get that full 3 year warranty option and that will add to the cost significantly.

The Pentium one at 28K has better screen than i3 one at 31K? Should i select any other special option. Windows 7 Home basic 64bit they will provide is good or should i get something else/better?

Also do suggest if i need to look at some other models from some other brands. Build quality, reliability and great after-sales-service is of most importance.

The i2 model @31k is good enough for your usage. However, if you can install operation systemt then I'll strongly suggest to get it without any OS thus saving another 2-3k. :)

Hii..

considering you will be u sing the laptop in rural areas i would suggest you to go for 10" Laptops since they give u extended backup from 6-10 hours... another cheaper option is new acer Dual Core 2.2 GHz/1 GB/160GB/15.4" /DVDRW/Web Camera /Carry Case/DOS/No Blue Tooth @23K

+1 to dell's after sales service -- go for the core i3 laptop and if possible get a 9 cell battery or an extra battery in case ur in a rural area without proper electricity.

Back