Need legal advice

vaibhavyagnik

youtube.com/vaibhavyagnik
Adept
In a Recent robbery at my home 20gm of gold was stolen. police has caught the thief but they told us that the thief has sold all the gold to a jeweller who has melted it, and they have managed to get us 7 gm of gold. They want us to accept it in court and close the matter. What should we do ? Any lawyers who can give me some legal advice please

File a Supratnama and recover whatever there is! You can continue with the case even after that!
Have they disclosed the Jeweler's name?
No they havent disclosed the name of the jeweller.Who can file a supratnama? do we need a lawyer?

Last edited:
I don't think you'll get to know the name, not easily at least (they might've extorted money from him for it)! And yeah, if you want to continue with it you'll need a lawyer!

In a Recent robbery at my home 20gm of gold was stolen. police has caught the thief but they told us that the thief has sold all the gold to a jeweller who has melted it, and they have managed to get us 7 gm of gold. They want us to accept it in court and close the matter. What should we do ? Any lawyers who can give me some legal advice please
seek advice of a lawyer in any case...

Yes, better to seek a lawyers help. Police usually know and keep track of all the professional Burgler's in their area and maintain a working relationship with them to get a cut of the proceeds.

What they usually do is to ask you is give some sort of false testimony which would enable them to pocket a portion of the loot and also get credit for the case. In fact, the gold they seek to return is not even necessarily your own and might be from a complete different burgler

Yes, better to seek a lawyers help. Police usually know and keep track of all the professional Burgler's in their area and maintain a working relationship with them to get a cut of the proceeds.

What they usually do is to ask you is give some sort of false testimony which would enable them to pocket a portion of the loot and also get credit for the case. In fact, the gold they seek to return is not even necessarily your own and might be from a complete different burgler
Exactly. They told us that our gold jewellery is already melted by the jeweller but they could manage to get 7 gm.of gold jewelleryfrom the jeweller. It was brand new jewellery which is not ours.I feel they are getting their cut from the thief/jeweller

Last edited:
Also the identity of the jeweler needs to be disclosed. Buying stolen goods is an offense. They are liable to return the full value of the gold even if they claim they melted it down.

Met a lawyer today. He said a written notification filed with the DSP office might be fruitful and coax the police to get us back all the jewellery. Points to note that police is fully responsible for getting back all the jewellery from the thief and the jewellers cannot buy jewellery unless they have the bill of purchase. He was charging me 5000/- for the notice. Since I am not in my home town and the robbery has taken place in my home town, I declined. I am inclined towards filing the notice rather than compromising.

Back