CPU/Mobo Need Motherboard suggestions

tarey_g

Adept
Hi All,

I am upgrading my current PC, I have finalized everything else but the motherboard. Need some suggestions :)

Current:

AMD Phenom II X3 720

Some ASUS motherboard (dont remember the name, currently in office :p)

Nvidia GTX 260 (Galaxy)

New:

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

Nvidia GTX 570 OC (MSI Twin Frozr)

Need suggestions for motherboard, keeping the RAM and PSU from old config, wont need any upgrade there.

Please mention your budget and also mention the PSU your currently using, because you may need a good PSU to run a GTX570 along with the X6

^^

The PSU looks good but I will not suggest you push it to the situation of it hanging by its teeth while providing power which will be definitely what you're planning to do with the setup you intend to purchase --

power consumption of AMD Phenom IIx6 -- Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

power consumption of nVidia GTX 570 -- Bench - GPU11 - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Do the Maths and you'll see you need a better PSU. For the motherboard front look at the Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H (USB 3.0 + SATA III all the frills at a reasonable pricing although availability is an issue) ~ 4.8K <inclusive taxes>. Hope this helps bruv.

I would suggest Gigabyte instead of Asus because The problem is the bad A.S.S. offered by Rashi Peripherals in the case of ASUS boards and thus most members here on TE avoid recommending them.....

apart from that it is upto you......

so Gigabyte GA 880-GA-UD3H is best mobo for you having USB 3.0 + Sata III 6.0 GB/S + Extra 2 PCI slots....!!

Back