Need netbook

Please answer the following questions for others to help you out better.

• What's your Budget? (e.g. >30K, not more than 50K etc.) : < 17 K
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (e.g. web surfing/office apps/Casual Gaming) : Web Surfing ,photoshop,virtual box running linux
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? (e.g. Do you want a 17" desktop replacement or you want an ultraportable 12" or something in between) 12" will do fine
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (e.g some would prefer to stay away from Acer or Dell):Asus but open for others too.
  • Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.)Battery life, Processor > atom family. Need power not show off.

Was happy with my 2 year old Acer aspire one d250 but its screen gone bad so looking for new one.

I also think this is great. Can be had from sulekha for 17k.

OP said he will be running virtualbox linux. Will E350 be able to handle that?

Will be slow, but what do you expect in a 12". Adding RAM would give much breath though.

If you were happy with [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Acer aspire one d250, guess X120e would be really good. As #[member='JuGGa'] said, it might be slow. Having 4 or 8gb of ram could help a bit. If I were to buy a netbook/notebook now, I would go for it. [/font]

What all applications you are running on it ?

How is your experience?

its great laptop I haven't got chance to try laptop battery properly yet now but when it comes to using it . it doesn't make you feel like you are using small CPU but my advice as soon as you get laptop put extra ram. in 2gb its feel too much lag.

about application I am using Firefox(atleast 20-30tabs are always open), office 2007 + background music always playing plus lot of other activity. I say its vfm laptop only thing I am missing is DVD drive

Netbooks are generally very slow. You may be unable to do anything apart from general browsing, or listening to music. The netbooks mostly have very slow processor to do simple tasks. Remember, a netbook is not a PC, so don't be fooled! Better go for a tablet PC or a laptop. Netbooks are evil! Trust me

Netbooks are generally very slow. You may be unable to do anything apart from general browsing, or listening to music. The netbooks mostly have very slow processor to do simple tasks. Remember, a netbook is not a PC, so don't be fooled! Better go for a tablet PC or a laptop. Netbooks are evil! Trust me

Did you ever use one?

I was using it for last 2 years and able to run virtualbox,photoshop and other heavy applications.

I know they are bit slow but now like you mentioned here.

Did you ever use one?

I was using it for last 2 years and able to run virtualbox,photoshop and other heavy applications.

I know they are bit slow but now like you mentioned here.

Well, the reason why apple released iPad is because they knew the problems with netbooks

Netbooks are worthless. You will be wasting your money on them, and not benefiting in any way.

Well, the reason why apple released iPad is because they knew the problems with netbooks

Netbooks are worthless. You will be wasting your money on them, and not benefiting in any way.

If you will use ipad for ms.office works, then it will also suck. Point is, use the device for which it is targeted and made for. Nobody is gonna use their netbook for purposes which its not intended to use. So stop ranting. You can't complain, if you buy a 100cc bike and then rant that it sucks in tripling.

If you will use ipad for ms.office works, then it will also suck. Point is, use the device for which it is targeted and made for. Nobody is gonna use their netbook for purposes which its not intended to use. So stop ranting. You can't complain, if you buy a 100cc bike and then rant that it sucks in tripling.

Ok, man. You win! Use it for browsing because its called "NET" book. Use for other light-weight apps also. So, go for it!!!!

Afterall, its there in the market to be bought, so why the wait
<

Two more queries before getting this?
What will be the price of Thinkpad x120e in retail?
Will there be any issues running amd processors ?
I heard some apps might not work on this processor

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

The product is out of stock on flipcart and available in laminton for 21750(which is too much considering it was 17k on sulekha 19k on flipcart)..

Looks like i missed this one.

Two more queries before getting this?
Will there be any issues running amd processors ?

Nothing like this exists. Intel & AMD are equally comparable.

I heard some apps might not work on this processor

Like ?

The product is out of stock on flipcart and available in laminton for 21750(which is too much considering it was 17k on sulekha 19k on flipcart)..

Looks like i missed this one.

Yes, FK is increasing its price day by day and its out of stock everywhere else.

Nothing like this exists. Intel & AMD are equally comparable.

Like ?
You get different variant of Virtual box one for amd processor one for intel .
Not many developer spend their time making software compatible for both processors.
You may face the issue after the software installation.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Some OS doesnt support amd at all they are only available for x86.

That's why you are suggested to buy the hardware based on the software you're going to use. I'm not into virtual computing so can't help with you that.

Back