Budget 10-15K Need new phone with multicolour notification led

6pack

ex-Mod
Old phone is acting wonky. It shuts down when i get a phone call. :S

1. Budget?
A: INR 1k-15k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 5" FHD or 2160p and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Nougat and above

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 3G, 4G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, mails and internet & I want to watch youtube vids with 360 degree VR. Is magnetometer required for VR?

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual sim.

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, microSD card slot if internal storage < 32GB

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A:
Moto G5 or G5S. Seems to tick all boxes for now. Has good camera, good update history.

Lenovo K8 or 9 or 10 something. Don't know how fast Lenovo phones get updates though. Heard that the MTK phones dont get updates.

Was thinking of MI A1 but heard it has only single colour notification light. Redmi Note 4 is old now. Mi Mix is too big.

Honor 7/8/9 have some drawback - like Kirin processor and no updates.
Nokia 6 - ah, no. overpriced.

My first preference will be to phones that have a proven track record of getting OS updates. So its probably limited to phones with snap dragon chips now. Second preference to notification led.

Mi 5 seems to be a 6" phone. 6 inch phone is too big. Moto X4 is out of budget at 21+k.

Moto G5/G5 plus are out of question now. Seems phone & camera has too many issues. Was just reading the lenovo forums there. lenovo is selling same old phones in new wrapper now.

i have zero luck with these flash sales. never got a chance to buy even one phone. lol.
is the MI 5 plus phone good? gearbest has the 4GB/ 32GB storage global rom version on sale for 179.99 USD. With customs it will probably come out to 13.5k.

Link please

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus 4G Phablet 3GB RAM Global Version - BLACK 249336701 32GB ROM FHD+ Screen 12.0MP Camera $179.99

Tip:
Unlocked for Worldwide use. Please ensure local area network is compatible. click here for Network Frequency of your country. Please check with your carrier/provider before purchasing this item.
The ROM on this Phone supports OTA and is multi language.

Equipped with high 5.99 inch FHD + big screen, Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus 4G Phablet gives you ultimate visual experience. It uses Snapdragon 625 octa core processor with 2.0GHz frequency, which makes you play big games and watch videos smoothly. 12.0MP and 5.0MP camera let you take sharper and more vibrant photos anywhere and anytime. Besides, adds fingerprint sensor and massive 4000mAh battery.

Main Features:
● Snapdragon 625 Octa Core 2.0GHz
Processor with octa core and 2.0GHz and 3GB of RAM brings outstanding performance for running multi-application and playing games
● 5.99 inch 2160 x 1080 FHD+ Screen, 403ppi
The 18:9 full screen is matched with 8.0mm slim body, comfortably to fit in your hand
● MIUI 9 Operating System
Offers a fresh, fast platform to help you stay connected and productive while you're on the go
● 32GB ROM Memory
Provides large capacity memory for your music, apps, photos, and videos etc.
● 5.0MP Front Camera and 12.0MP Rear Camera
Provides enough room for your use, can suit all your needs
● Navigation
GPS / A-GPS / GLONASS / Beidou
● Several Sensors
Gravity Sensor / Gyroscope / Proximity Sensor / Accelerometer / Ambient Light Sensor / Hall Sensor
● Network:
GSM Band 2/3/5/8
WCDMA Band 1/2/5/8
FDD-LTE Band 1/3/4/5/7/8/20
TDD-LTE Band 38/40

If I rememb correctly, I think gearbest sells 32GB phone for same price as 64GB version phone which MI sells in India. Last time I was going to buy Redmi Note 4X from there and stopped because of the pricing difference.

redmi 5 plus is going to be launched as note 5 in india acc to rumors[DOUBLEPOST=1518063486][/DOUBLEPOST]
i have zero luck with these flash sales. never got a chance to buy even one phone. lol.
is the MI 5 plus phone good? gearbest has the 4GB/ 32GB storage global rom version on sale for 179.99 USD. With customs it will probably come out to 13.5k.
ull get fcked by the customs. dont import mobiles

Yeah, customs is too high. I hope the MI 5 Plus or Note is available offline in stores. I searched MI site and seems they have MI stores in big shops like Reliance Digital, Vijay Sales etc. Maybe I could try my bad luck there.

500 rupees is okay. at least i'll have option of buying the phone and taking it home the same day if the shop has it in stock. if i went online, i'd have to wait 3 minutes before the clock starts ticking and the buy button is already dead in a nanosecond. no matter what site - amazon, flipkart, mi website. everywhere its the same. online buying experience is too frustrating and only leads to despair.

My Samsung S5 duos has very appealing led notification. Ofcourse you can use app to customise the led as per your requirement. Would suggest take a look at it.
I love the over all performance too.

Seems like the Note 5 Pro only has white notification light.

btw, looks like in chrome, sale starts at 11:59 instead of 12 and even at that time it is OOS.
fkoutofstock.jpg

Last edited:
I'm done with these impossible flash sales now. No matter how much I try I don't get to buy the stupid Note 5 Pro phone. I managed to get the 6GB version into the cart and next step it hanged and after sometime said its out of stock. Hell with this nonsense.

My old phone is dying and is on its last legs. Just a reboot makes it say that no sim cards installed and wifi dies every time the phone goes to sleep. Cannot wait any longer to buy a new phone now. I've waited 3 months already. :|

From now on I've decided to stay away from buying phones that go on flash sales no matter how good they are on paper.

Back to topic, I want a full hd or better 18:3 phone mainly to watch youtube live streams and browsing the net. Don't want a LG Q3 or was it Q6 because they make really poor quality phones. And no updates too.Don't want Xiaomi or Huawei or Honor because these companies do flash sales. I don't want Oppo or whatever the parent company of One Plus does.

Budget till 15k. Please suggest something I can buy this week.

Back