Need new router for my house. Range is most important. Next is NAS and Speed

Nikhil

Skilled
Guys, I need a new router.

We currently have a D-Link DL 624+. It's old and range is not great. It's kept on the third floor of our 2400 sq foot house. It's pretty much in the top left corner of our house and the bottom right corner of our house(which is where our dining table is) is not covered.

I need a new router.

Range is important. Apart from that, I would like some good fast speeds. I also want this router to have RTSP(real time streaming protocol) as it will help me stream videos on my phone.

NAS is optional but would love to connect a HDD to the router so everyone can access the files.

I need to get this within Saturday at the very LATEST. Do help me.

Supra said:

eBay India: Buffalo Wireless N Broadband Router WHRG300N - 2YR WARR (item 280389897981 end time 03-Sep-2009 02:04:17 IST)

this one and the one you have mentioned are same models or different ones?

Edit: They are different models :p

Where can I buy it in Bangalore? Tell me quick!

LOL U have to buy from me :rofl:...I have one lying

If u dont have N client card, u will get arnd 3-4 MB/s for G cards.

Range is usually very good in the buffalo ! IT has NAS and an in built bit torrent client also :p

I've been using a WRT610N for a few months now. Nice router, but pathetic firmware. There was a new firmware released a couple of days ago. Have to check it out. Will probably do that this weekend. I've never really experienced any connectivity issues with it, but a lot of people on various forums have. Also, currently I only use the 2.4Ghz band, which could explain the lack of issues for me! Haven't tried the NAS functionality of it yet since I don't have an external hard drive. Range is pretty decent. I was able to connect to the router on my old N95 from six floors down!!

Back