Windows Need such tool or utility

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I use dual monitor setup for my main rig.

I also have a secondary rig which I power on occasionally. But sometimes it runs into problems and looses network (no rdp mstsc) and I have to attach my secondary monitor for troubleshooting.

But during that time when I use my main rig on a single monitor my already opened applications on secondary monitor (which is now attached to secondary rig) cannot be operated or moved to my single/primary monitor.

**I dont want mess-up with display settings detecting and messing all desktop icons/settings etc. By re-identifying and detect method as it will mess up everything.
I will be disconnecting the secondary monitor only for temporary purpose...few minutes or so.

What I need is a tool/utility which will add some sort of right-click options to the opened applications taskbar like how we have pin-taskbar, close window etc.
upload_2019-3-5_22-4-59.png

It will be very helpful for many users but unable to find any concrete ones.

Don't know exact utility that will help. But 2 things can be tried.
- Alt tab to app which is on the second monitor. Press Win+LeftArrow key 2-3 times, till it appears on your primary display.
- Win+p - Try Duplicate only.
- Try autoit to write a simple script to move all windows to primary monitor.
PS: its possible I haven't understood your query..

Don't know exact utility that will help. But 2 things can be tried.
- Alt tab to app which is on the second monitor. Press Win+LeftArrow key 2-3 times, till it appears on your primary display.
- Win+p - Try Duplicate only.
- Try autoit to write a simple script to move all windows to primary monitor.
PS: its possible I haven't understood your query..

Simplified:

2 Monitors: M1 & M2 connected to PC1

2 Apps: app A1 opened on M1 & A2 opened on M2

Now Monitor M1 is disconnected.

M2 monitor is showing A2 app as it was opened on it but what about A1 app which was opened on M1 monitor which has now disconnected?

Now this A1 app cannot be used as it is not on M2 monitor and still appears as if minimized on taskbar.

I want this A1 app to be able to use or move/shift to M2 monitor until the M1 monitor comes back online.

When using 2 monitors you use extend monitor (win + p). If you are using just 1 monitor cycle it to PC screen only or Second Screen only (win + p).

When using 2 monitors you use extend monitor (win + p). If you are using just 1 monitor cycle it to PC screen only or Second Screen only (win + p).
If I do win+p "PC screen only" then all my desktop icons on monitor 2 will mix with icons on monitor 1 causing a complete mess and clutter.

I know way back during win xp and 7 days, nvidia itself had some in-built control panel tool to tackle all such situations. And also some tool from guru3d. Nvidia sucked later on and I cannot recallt the guru 3d tool name. This tool was for some extra display settings or drivers hidden settings but it had that settings to manage apps across multiple monitors.

Last edited:
Simplified:

2 Monitors: M1 & M2 connected to PC1

2 Apps: app A1 opened on M1 & A2 opened on M2

Now Monitor M1 is disconnected.

M2 monitor is showing A2 app as it was opened on it but what about A1 app which was opened on M1 monitor which has now disconnected?

Now this A1 app cannot be used as it is not on M2 monitor and still appears as if minimized on taskbar.

I want this A1 app to be able to use or move/shift to M2 monitor until the M1 monitor comes back online.
Windows keyboard shortcuts.

Alt + Tab for selecting
Alt + Space for Window menu
Alt + Space then X for Maximise, R for Restore, M for move, S for resize and N for minimizing.

Alt +Tab for selecting, Alt + Space and R to restore the window from Maximized. Alt + Space then M then use arrow keys. but once you press arrow key, you can just move mouse to move the window. I use this because me and my friend learned all the windows hotkeys just for fun sake(Win95 days) and I use keyboard shortcuts most of the times for everything.

Protip: Hide the chat windows by pressing Alt + Space then N to minimize the window if someone walks in on you. ;)

Last edited:
@nRiTeCh ok. Alt-tab then Win+arrow key should work . Simply bring focus to the window on Monitor 2, then press Win+left or right arrowkey a few times.
To bring focus use alt+tab or click on taskbar icon.

Back