Audio need suggession for buying audio system

devi691

Disciple
Hi guyz
I am confused to buying audio system between 2.1 or 5.1 ,
I will use it for my pc and my sony ps3 .

i want to make me WOW by this sound system but my budge is approx 5k.

till now i was using 2.1 creative basic systems 1200~1500.

is it worth to go for 5.1 ??? coz definitely i want to plug them in my gaming room corners and want to feel sound from different directions.
please guide me

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

please guyz help me out

IMHO, 5K is too less for a system that can make you go WOW
Since some games do have 5.1, it would make sense to go for 5.1 given that you are into games.
Sonicbliss

If you are going from a 1.2k system to a 5k system i think a 2.1 or 5.1 system can still wow you , i would suggest either z506 or a good 2.1 setup arnd 5.5k .

Its a different thing the amount you will wow for a 15k system wil be much more higher then a 5k one but even 5k ones are enough to have a good experience for few years , i had a similar budget sm months back and was searching for a 5.1 and found z506 to be absolutely bang on buck for that price range in 5.1 systems

ok ,thanks for you valuable suggessions , for just to experience 5.1 ,today i bought "F&D F623" 5.1 sound system. It is better then my previous dabba.
Actually it doesnt have optical input but it is supporing 5.1 sound through my samsung galaxy TAB.
One question ,
Now my setup is like this
PS3 > HDMI > LG237WA > 3.5mm OUT > AUX cable > "F&D F623" 5.1 sound system
will i get 5.1 effect through this I mean distributed sounds?

you mean you hve connected the heaphone jack on your monitor to the home theatre , it wont give you true 5.1 surround sound

then how to use it ,please tell me, for my PC and PS3

i have digital out in my pc but not in my speakers.

i have this output in my pc

OPTICAL OUT [] Center sub woofer speaker out O rear speaker OUT O

mic in O front speaker out O Line in O

as per Reatek HD audio manager

i connected my speaker to PC through aux to 3.5mm jack converter cable

i gor so many RCA cable with my speakers but i think those are for DVD player .please guide me to connect it to my PC for 5.1 sound

i dont knw abt ps3 , but for pc u will need to buy 3 RCA to 3.5 mm jack cables available at any good electronics shop (in case u need branded ones look online) , then connect the RCA end parts to the home theater and other end to the PC , for example

1st cable RCA connection connect to centre/subwoofer on the home theatre side and other end to the center sub woofer speaker out on your PC ( check your Motherboard manual , u wil find out which port is for which purpose)

Like this connect all 3 cables and you are ready to use the home theatre with the pc

i have all the cables ready.
i tried your setup and set my speakers to dvd anstead of aux but anly front left and front right speakers are giving sound in realtek test.

what ever i am doing but only front left and front right speakers are working only, but in aux all speakers were giving sound that means there is not any prob wth my speakers

in realtek demo ,when i am clicking on front left speaker then front left +rear left +center speaker are giving sound and when i am clicking on front right speaker then front right +rear right +center speaker are giving sound.

Only these 2 speker icons are giving responce ,clicking on center speaker ,sub,rear left ,rear right not responding ,not at all.

sukant said:
i dont knw abt ps3 , but for pc u will need to buy 3 RCA to 3.5 mm jack cables available at any good electronics shop (in case u need branded ones look online) , then connect the RCA end parts to the home theater and other end to the PC , for example
1st cable RCA connection connect to centre/subwoofer on the home theatre side and other end to the center sub woofer speaker out on your PC ( check your Motherboard manual , u wil find out which port is for which purpose)
Like this connect all 3 cables and you are ready to use the home theatre with the pc
this setup is not working for me.
one quick question,i am using 3 cables ,on that one side 3.5mm jack and other side 2 av output i think its called rca.
is there any difference between 3.5mm to rca & 3.5mm to AUX ??

soumalidon said:
in your realtek manager did u change the mode from 2.1 to 5.1??
i got it, actually in mu sound system sound mode pro logic was selected after changing it to normal i can hear saperate sounds from different speakers.

i changed ffdirect show audio decoder to 5.1 surround so i am getting nice surround but not in windows media player ,. anyway ,,thanks for your help.
now i am looking a way to get surround for my ps3 too.

Back