Need suggestion on moving HDD on a RGH XBOX360 console

sameer.sharma

Disciple
Guys, I got my 360 RGH'ed.

Now I want to connect an 2.5 HDD in it as it's 4GB version.
I have got a 750GB HDD from my Dell XPS 15. (I put in a SSD, and currently using the HDD in a drive caddy).

Can I put that drive in my 360 as a internal drive? I read in some forums that you can only put in WD drives (mine is Segate i think), is that still correct?
I also read somewhere that you can use HDD drives up to 1TB and they don't need to be flashed now with the WD specific FW, but I am not sure about those claims. Any suggestions? :p

Ok, so why do I see posts on several other forums which say RGH console does not need a WD drive and doesn't need to flash a specific FW via HDDHacker?
I think I saw some posts on TeamXecuter forums also.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, WDD drive flashing is for tricking an Xbox into thinking the WDD harddrive you have is a legit Xbox harddrive. So basically you dismantle a 20GB HDD, replace the 20GB HDD with a larger and specially flashed WD Scorpio Blue and then put it together. So when you boot up next you'll find your Xbox reading that harddrive as a normal Xbox harddrive. It works on any 360 console, I think.

But in RGH, any harddrive can be formatted and used with the Xbox afaik.

Yes. RGH doesn't adhere to any specific brand of hard drive. Just mount your HDD into the slot and format it from the dashboard to be recognized as a Microsoft hard drive.

Thanks @Ethan_Hunt, I think I will get a 1TB laptop HDD for my XPS and use the 750GB drive in the xbox360. :D

OT->
Are there any other higher capacities available for laptop HDDs? (In 12.5 mm thickness)

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, you wouldn't need that much space, unless you keep stuffing it with a library of X360 games. XBLA titles hardly take up much space. So stick to 750GB.

Back