Budget 41-50k Need Suggestion on the below build

magesh85

Disciple
Hi guys,

I kindly need your suggestion on the below build.

Is there anything i can switch to or change the build.

Ryzen Build.png

I would suggest to stick with a single stick of 8GB and upgrade to 16GB when you can. With many things becoming resource intensive, it's better to have more of RAM.

Secondly, if you can stick in an SSD, nothing like it.

That is a really old GPU. A better option is a GTX 1050 or Radeon 560. Also buy two sticks of the fastest DDR4 you can get in your budget - preferably 8GBx2. Ryzen performance tanks at low memory speeds.

Sure guys noted on the Ram front.. Ll get the fastest RAM..
Yes GPU for now I am getting it as second hand.. I ll update GPU later on.. Was thinking on 500W PSU.. Any suggestions to it?

Sure guys noted on the Ram front.. Ll get the fastest RAM..
Yes GPU for now I am getting it as second hand.. I ll update GPU later on.. Was thinking on 500W PSU.. Any suggestions to it?
Go for Seasonic S12II 520W.That is the best PSU below 550W nowadays.Comparable to the old Corsair VX series.

BTW can you fill up the template for PC along with budget and existing hardware?
It will be easier to play around within the budget then.

Hi Fenix, Sorry for not filling up the template. Actually its my third time in the forum starting to build one. Due to some personal problems, am not able to complete the builds. But am pretty sure, i will be completing this time by this month end.

For now, following are the ones i have finalised.

AMD Ryzen 5 1600
MSI B350 Gaming Plus ATX AM4
Western Digital 1 TB Blue
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series DDR4 Memory Module (8GB X 1pcs, 3000Mhz)
Seasonic S12II 520W

Please suggest me if i have to change the RAM or suggest me a good case.

1. What is your budget?

o 40K. I can extend an another 10K to the budget.

2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

o None

3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

o None

4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

o CPU (planning to do a Ryzen 5 1600 Build)
o Motherboard ( Mostly the B350 Motherboard)

o GPU(For now, getting a second hand AMD R7 260x, later on will update)

o RAM

o Monitor

o PSU (Seasonic S12II 520W)

o Cabinet

5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

o I will be upgrading after sometime for GPU may be to a SSD.
6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

o Chennai

o Open to online purchase

7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

o Yes

8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

o Gaming

o Browsing

o Desktop Processing

o Watching HD movies

o Photo processing (working on RAW files using lightroom mostly)
9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

o Nothing in Particular

10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

o First Person Shooting - COD

o Racing

o Batman, Watchdogs

11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1. Gaming - 1280x720

2. Desktop - 1440x900

12. Are you looking to overclock?

No

13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 or 10 which i already have.

Last edited:
CPU

AMD Ryzen 5 1600- Rs 16,900

Motherboard

MSI MOTHERBOARD A320M GRENADE - Rs. 6250

( I don't think you will get the Gaming Plus for that rate at amazon)

RAM

G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8 GB (8GBx1) DDR4 2400Mhz (F4-2400C15S-8GVR) - Rs, 5,700

(Take 8 GB single RAM kit for now.Upgrade to another 8 G stick later on if needed)

Hard Drive

WD HARD DISK 1TB SATA BLUE WD10EZEX -Rs, 3,400

PSU

Seasonic S12G 520W – Rs. 6,700

(Do not crimp out on this as this thing will last for a long time. I bought a Corsair VX550 which was made by Seasonic in 2010 and its still running in my gaming rig to this date)

Monitor

LG 20MP48HB IPS Panel- Rs. 6,700

https://www.mdcomputers.in/monitor/lg-20mp48hb.html

Case

The DeepCool Tesseract seems good for the price. But in case you cannot find it go for Cooler Master K380 – Rs. 3,500

Total

Rs. 49,150

IMHO the Ryzen 1600 is overkill keeping in mind your budget and usage as you will have to crimp on the RAM and mobo to fit this budget

Last edited:
@Marcus Fenix Thanks for your help. This build i will not be modifying in the near future apart from chaning the graphic card and adding ssd. The current laptop i have is 10 years old.. so i guess you get the picture. :)

I am building it so that it will atleast little future proof.

I guess all the pricing you gave me is from MDComputers. Can i order everything from there except the GPU? Will they ship it to Chennai and also will they assemble and ship it?

How is their after service,if i buy it from them?

Don't buy from MD.I just gave the links as a guide for local pricing.

Buy locally from brick and mortar stores.
Also the motherboard is a bit too low powered for my taste.Go for a Asus B350 Prime Plus @ Rs. 8,200 at least if you can stretch your budget a bit.
@vishalrao can help you out a lot with this mobo.
In case of Ryzen the chipset hierarchy is like this- A320>B350>X370

Yes even am planning to go for B350 only.. Will check in Ritchie street. May be in 2 weeks..
Be careful about about buying your case as it is a bit difficult to upgrade cases later on.
I am still moaning over buying a CM Elite 430 in 2010 as I cannot install water coolers in it.

I was searching for Seasonic S12II 520W in amazon and newegg. I can see almost 100% price hike in amazon. how is it even possible?

Rs. 6500 in amazon
http://www.amazon.in/Seasonic-S12II...1502270045&sr=8-1&keywords=Seasonic+S12II+520

Rs 2903 in newegg

https://www.newegg.com/global/in/Pr...re=seasonic_s12ii_520w-_-17-151-094-_-Product

AM i missing something here?

This is on the Indian distributors.
Plus we have 18% GST twice on the item.Once from Distributor to retailer and then retailer to end customer.

BTW if you factor in the shipping and duties on a heavy item like a PSU from newegg it won't be much of a savings for you.

Plus we have 18% GST twice on the item.Once from Distributor to retailer and then retailer to end customer.

BTW if you factor in the shipping and duties on a heavy item like a PSU from newegg it won't be much of a savings for you.
Yes. I understood that once i added to Cart.. :p
I think its better to get the products offline itself. :)

GST twice?

Budget -63.1K

CPU: AMD R5 1400 -12700,
Mobo: Asus Prime B350-Plus -8200,
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 3000Mhz DDR4 -5200,
GPU: Sapphire RX570 4GB Pulse -16500,
PSU: Antec VP550P -4000,
Case: Antec 300 -3200,
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB -3500,
Monitor: LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -9000,
KB/Mouse: Logitech MK200 -800.
TOTAL -63,100.