Need suggestions for 42+ inches TV EDIT: Bought a Sony 42W800A

Hi Guys :)

Need your help picking a TV before ramadhan eid , below are my requirements

1. Size - 42 inch and above
2. Budget - 60-65K MAX
3. Viewing distance - 3 feet to 6 feet
4. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc - Will be using as a monitor on my Machine for gaming and movies
5. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV - Plasmas can be considered if they have very good picture quality
6. Preference for brands - Samsung/Sony/Panasonic(plasmas only)
7. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? - No, will be using bajaj finserv emi card
8. Ambient lighting conditions of the room - Low lights and will be turned off while watching movies, will be using in my bedroom
9. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc - Need DLNA capabilities, Needs to have HDMI, should be full HD and having a usb port,bluetooth or wifi is a bonus, if i can get 3D it would be awesome

Will be buying in 1 week , so please help me finalise a model which is feature rich and value for money with no compromise on picture quality

A suggestion regarding the screensize/viewing distance.

A 42 inch TV at 3 feet viewing distance will cause serious fatigue for the viewer for prolonged usage. Even at 6 feet a 42 incher might be an overkill. You will notice pixellation even for 720p rips, 1080p movies will be fine at 6 feet. In case any children will be watching, you need to ensure that they stay a minimum distance away or it will be very harmful in the long run. I have a 40 inch LCD and these are my personal opinions after over a couple years of usage.

Check the TVs at the showrooms from your preferred viewing distance and verify yourself. Do take your own content/movies for the demo as the showrooms have very high quality content which will not always be the case when you use the TV at home.

As a general guide, check here for distance/screensize.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimum_HDTV_viewing_distance#Optimum_ranges
Take the THX values with a pinch of salt as they are for movie viewing experience and not regular TV content consumption.

A suggestion regarding the screensize/viewing distance.

A 42 inch TV at 3 feet viewing distance will cause serious fatigue for the viewer for prolonged usage. Even at 6 feet a 42 incher might be an overkill. You will notice pixellation even for 720p rips, 1080p movies will be fine at 6 feet. In case any children will be watching, you need to ensure that they stay a minimum distance away or it will be very harmful in the long run. I have a 40 inch LCD and these are my personal opinions after over a couple years of usage.

Check the TVs at the showrooms from your preferred viewing distance and verify yourself. Do take your own content/movies for the demo as the showrooms have very high quality content which will not always be the case when you use the TV at home.

As a general guide, check here for distance/screensize.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimum_HDTV_viewing_distance#Optimum_ranges
Take the THX values with a pinch of salt as they are for movie viewing experience and not regular TV content consumption.

Thanks for the suggestion buddy :), everything you said is absolutely true, so what i've decided is , i shall use the 42+ incher as a secondary monitor and use the current 24inch monitor as primary and use the secondary only while gaming and 1080p or 3D goodness , i have no kids at home currently,

please let me know your suggestions so that i can buy at the earliest[DOUBLEPOST=1374920256][/DOUBLEPOST]http://www.sony.co.in/product/kdl-42w650a

Back