Budget 71-90K Need suggestions for a Gaming Laptop.

chezy

Disciple
Hi,

I am searching for a new gaming laptop, brand is not an issue though I prefer Asus. The ones on my mind right now are Asus G56JR (available on Flipkart), Asus G550JK and Lenovo Y50.

I am not sure if the G550JK and the Y50 are available in India yet.

Please help me decide on something decent and also let me know if i'm missing some others which are worth considering.

Thanks.

The only other laptop available is the Lenovo Y500
I have been searching for high end laptop since over a month. Everything here is over priced and under configured.
I hate this country's import laws..

Right now the only option is the g56jr at that price. Y50 and g550 might arrive soon. So would the MSI ge70.

Do be aware that there are certain variants of g550 with ddr3 video memory. Those will be horribly slow.

As for the g56jr, its really good, doesn't overheat and works pretty well. Do not expect high details at 1080p in GPU intensive games like metro or crysis3 though.

The best part about the g56jr is the screen - in terms of image quality, it is superior to my dell u2412. The inbuilt speakers are also some of the best I have heard on any laptop. Look around for deals on this machine. It is cheaper locally than on fk. Also be sure to change the horrible slow hard drive to an ssd.

Last edited:
Check with prime or one of the bigger retailers. I got it from my local dealer in bangalore for around 3.5k less than the Flipkart price.

78.5k roughly. Its a good laptop - the only issue in the default config is the slowness in booting because of mechanical storage. So I replaced the hard drive with an SSD. Other than that, absolutely nothing to complain about.

It runs pretty cool even when gaming - 72 degrees GPU and around 75-80 degrees CPU with very little fan noise.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
I contacted Prime but is seems they have stopped selling Laptops. I will take a stock of Lamington rd tomorrow.
I got a quote of 78.5k aswell from Cybersites, a shop in Lamington. I have also contacted Asus regarding authorised resellers.
By the way, Chaos, did your purchase include a Laptop Bag and gaming mouse as free accessories within the OEM package as Flipkart is offering ?

Unfortunately the replies i'm getting rightnow is that the Asus G56JR has been discontinued and there is no stock for the same....guess I will have to wait.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
I contacted Prime but is seems they have stopped selling Laptops. I will take a stock of Lamington rd tomorrow.
I got a quote of 78.5k aswell from Cybersites, a shop in Lamington. I have also contacted Asus regarding authorised resellers.
By the way, Chaos, did your purchase include a Laptop Bag and gaming mouse as free accessories within the OEM package as Flipkart is offering ?
Yep there was a laptop bag and gaming mouse. The bag is of real poor quality though. Not worth using :p. The laptop comes in an external brown box with the bag and the actual red color laptop box. The mouse is inside this box and is pretty good for something free.

Back