PC Peripherals Need suggestions for a keyboard

Hey guys, I want to buy a new keyboard, for general use.

I have a Logitech K200 keyboard currently, but some of its keys stop working suddenly, for no reason, and suddenly start working again. And these are a batches of keys, and they all start and stop working at same time.

I had thought of buying this keyboard from Logitech:

http://www.amazon.in/Logitech-K120-...1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1491483752&sr=1-3

It looks good, and has good reviews, but when I looked up for reviews of the keyboard on internet, a few of them weren't good. So, I am having doubts.

My current keyboard, although, it worked fine for so many years... yet, within a short period of time, the keys had become wobbly, and some of the keys lost their letter print too quite early.

So, I am in doubt whether to go for this Logitech keyboard or not.

Any other brand of keyboard, or any other keyboard which I can consider?

I am looking for a wired USB keyboard, and not looking for very costly one too. If it's a good keyboard, I can think of putting in money till 1000/- .. from an investment point of view.

How is this keyboard from Dell?

http://www.amazon.in/DELL-KB216-Wir...1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1491484349&sr=1-1

It is marked as best seller, and has good ratings too.

Although, I must say that having an old Dell laptop... I am not a big fan of Dell's hardware.

Also, one user wrote that people with heavy usage shouldn't buy this keyboard.

And I consider myself to be a bit of a heavy user... so I do want a long lasting keyboard of good quality.

Suggestions welcome :).

Hey guys, I want to buy a new keyboard, for general use.

I have a Logitech K200 keyboard currently, but some of its keys stop working suddenly, for no reason, and suddenly start working again. And these are a batches of keys, and they all start and stop working at same time.

I had thought of buying this keyboard from Logitech:

http://www.amazon.in/Logitech-K120-...1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1491483752&sr=1-3

It looks good, and has good reviews, but when I looked up for reviews of the keyboard on internet, a few of them weren't good. So, I am having doubts.

My current keyboard, although, it worked fine for so many years... yet, within a short period of time, the keys had become wobbly, and some of the keys lost their letter print too quite early.

So, I am in doubt whether to go for this Logitech keyboard or not.

Any other brand of keyboard, or any other keyboard which I can consider?

I am looking for a wired USB keyboard, and not looking for very costly one too. If it's a good keyboard, I can think of putting in money till 1000/- .. from an investment point of view.

How is this keyboard from Dell?

http://www.amazon.in/DELL-KB216-Wir...1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1491484349&sr=1-1

It is marked as best seller, and has good ratings too.

Although, I must say that having an old Dell laptop... I am not a big fan of Dell's hardware.

Also, one user wrote that people with heavy usage shouldn't buy this keyboard.

And I consider myself to be a bit of a heavy user... so I do want a long lasting keyboard of good quality.

Suggestions welcome :).

If you are a Heavy user, get a mechanical keyboard, mechanical keyboards use actual physical switches as opposed to rubber dome,
TVS-E gold bharat is the best budget option for typing, it has geniuine Cherry MX blue Switches, unbeatable for the price.
http://www.amazon.in/TVS-e-Bharat-G...qid=1491548099&sr=1-4&keywords=tvs+e+keyboard
check out r/mechanicalkeyboards on reddit for more knowledge

out of your options, i prefer the Dell as i am using it for 6 months without issues.

The keyboard you suggest is quite expensive for me. Plus, it's PS2.

Yes, I read about mechanical keyboards being better, but are there any mechanical keyboards available for a low price?

The Dell keyboard you have, is it the same model as posted by me.. i.e. Dell KB216, or some other model?

Yes, I read about mechanical keyboards being better, but are there any mechanical keyboards available for a low price?

The Dell keyboard you have, is it the same model as posted by me.. i.e. Dell KB216, or some other model?

same model and mechanical keyboards start at 3-4K, TVS is a bargain due to genuine cherry switches which you wont find in india below 7k, it will last a decade and you can replace almost any broken part of cheap,

Look for TVS keyboard on OLX, you can easily get one below 1K, And i have the same dell

Redgear Invador MK881 kalih blue switches, full size, great for typing with back lit which is RGB
http://www.amazon.in/dp/B01N0UMPCR/...m=A1VBAL9TL5WCBF&pf_rd_r=1V12FFZQP035QVKNMCXX

Redgear Invador MK881 kalih blue switches, full size, great for typing with back lit which is RGB
http://www.amazon.in/dp/B01N0UMPCR/...m=A1VBAL9TL5WCBF&pf_rd_r=1V12FFZQP035QVKNMCXX
Not RGB in the sense you can change colors, just a rainbow inside a keyboard.

in all seriousness tho, its a nice keyboard, Kalih blue switches are pretty good for the price.

Also those are plate mounted switches, you can just remove 4 screws and swap kalih with cherry switches, no soldering or other complex work required, You can get cherry switches from An old tvs keyboard, look over at OLX, New ones are 1500.

Thank you for the suggestions :).. appreciated.

Mechanical keyboards will be costly for me... and I would prefer a new one. I will definitely think about them though, when I can afford one.

I will think about the Dell keyboard. However, there are two problems with the keyboard. One is.. it isn't spill proof.. whereas Logitech one is. Chances of spilling are less, but a spill proof keyboard is still preferable. Second, Logitech has 3 years warranty, whereas Dell ... just one.

Confusion :/

Thank you for the suggestions :).. appreciated.

Mechanical keyboards will be costly for me... and I would prefer a new one. I will definitely think about them though, when I can afford one.

I will think about the Dell keyboard. However, there are two problems with the keyboard. One is.. it isn't spill proof.. whereas Logitech one is. Chances of spilling are less, but a spill proof keyboard is still preferable. Second, Logitech has 3 years warranty, whereas Dell ... just one.

Confusion :/
Get the Logitech Spill Proof keyboard which has 3 years warranty.

I bought the Logitech K120 keyboard. Luckily, I got it for 550/- . It was even lesser when I had thought of ordering it, but then I was busy, and it wasn't sure if I would be at home when the order arrived. Later on, the price increased to above 600, which remained like that for many days. I was in luck that the price went down so much, just when I was about to order.

The keyboard seems a little bit stylish, with the logo and the style around the edges.

The keys feel quite a bit different from the old keyboards, which were comparatively harder to press. The keys of these keyboards seem to be quite soft, and it took me a bit of time to adjust, as I was in the habit of pressing hard keys :D.

Overall, the keyboard seems good. The keyboard wire is sufficiently long, which is good.

Let's see how this keyboard performs over time.

Thank you for replies everyone, really appreciated.

Just a tip to Anyone looking for a new keyboard below 1K

You can get the TvS Gold bharat With geniuine cherry mx blue keys For 800-1000 locally in Delhi markets

And There are plenty sellers for the board at rs 500 on OlX, if you don't mind buying used.

Also PS/2 Version will perform better for gaming than the USB version.

I had written an email to Logitech support for warranty claim on 17th. I got a reply on 21st today. Quite a delay.

Further, it is clearly a hardware issue with the space key, and I received 5 troubleshooting suggestions, out of which 3 were worthless, like changing USB port, and changing settings in Control Panel, and using USB 2.0 ports.

Another suggestion was to try keyboard on another PC, another useless suggestion.

Only one suggestion was to the point of using canned air.. but I dont have canned air, and I dont think it would solve the issue.

Clearly, the keyboard is faulty, since the issue started within one week of using the keyboard, and it wasn't even heavy usage.

I didn't expect such bad response from Logitech.

I didn't wanted to buy Logitech keyboard this time, but I don't know of any other quality product in the given price range.

But, this time I am really disappointed with Logitech.... both the build quality, and the support response.

It may be a reasonable first response by CC to ask you to try those things... is the space bar detachable? I guess you have already tried blowing air into it (from your mouth!). If it's still faulty, just try following up with them telling them you have tried everything and it still won't work and then see what is their response?

I don't see it as reasonable, providing me software solutions, when the issue is clearly hardware related.

The spacebar key often gets stuck in downward position when pressed down. How will putting the keyboard in a different USB port solve it? That's just ridiculous.

Space bar isn't detachable. Yes, I tried blowing air by mouth... still the same.

Do we even get canned air in India? o_O

Well, maybe I should have gone by your recommendation, and told them that none of the suggestions work. But, being the honest fellow that I am .. lol.. I sent a response that you are providing me with software solutions, when the issue is hardware, and therefore, I won't be trying those. I also told them I dont have canned air.

I said the keyboard became faulty within a few days of usage .. within a week, and I said I didnt expect such quality from Logitech, and told them I would like a replacement.

Well that's a reasonable response from any customer too I guess :) Lets see how they resolve this issue. Hopefully they will initiate a replacement.

Yes, the mail arrived today, saying that you can to a walk-in-center and get the unit replaced.

Let's hope they take it there for replacement, and I get the replacement soon, as I will be without a keyboard.

I could go to their walk-in center only today. I showed them the case number, and the invoice bill, and they took the keyboard without any question. However, they said that sites are blocked, because of GST o_O ... and 15 days replacements haven't been cleared yet. Don't know what they meant by sites being blocked.. I asked them, but I didn't get their answer. Anyways, they have given me a receipt, and said I will receive a message when the keyboard will arrive (wasn't in stock). Don't know how long will that take :/. They have kept the keyboard.

Logitech K120 is crap.

Yesterday I wrote a review for it on Amazon, where I bought it from, and shared my experience, and gave it 3 stars, and wrote that I don't recommend it.

I read previous reviews, and noticed, that like me, many other people had problems with this keyboard of keys not working, and getting stuck.... most of them with space bar key, like me.. others with Enter and other keys. That too within only a few days of usage. This is really bad quality coming from a reputed company like Logitech.

Also, when I got the replaced keyboard, it worked fine for a few days... the keys were soft to press, and typing experience was great.

But, within a few days, or maybe a month or so.... the keys are all wobbly, and are hard to press now. I have to strike a bit harder on them to type. I understand if it was after an year or two years or so, but within such a short period, it's just unacceptable.

Not recommending this keyboard at all.

Anyone has experience with the more expensive keyboards from Logitech? Are they good, or crap like this one?

Back