Budget 71-90K Need Suggestions for Video Editing PC

ajayd

Disciple
Hi,

This is for a friend who worked as video editior in a TV channel and now planning to start on his own as wedding video editor.Please suggest me a good build

Questions

What is your budget?
60-100K,Can stretch a little bit if necessary

What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
Have a 500GB samsung SSD

Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
SSD,also planning to add another 2tb HDD

Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
Not sure to go with intel or AMD,this PC is for professional 4K video editing

Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Don’t plan to add in future

Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Hyderabad CTC

Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
this PC is for professional 4k video editing mostly wedding videos using Adobe Premiere

Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Not sure to go with intel or Amd ryzen,Please help me to choose one

If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
No gaming

What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Not sure about this ,2k or 4k

Are you looking to overclock?
Not sure

Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 10

Ryzen 3700X
Asus X570 Tuf Gaming Plus
DDR4 2x16GB 3200/3400mhz (Corsair Vengeance, Hyper X Fury, Adata, G skill) - He can go for 2 x 8GB now and add two more sticks later
GTX 1660 (Zotac or Asus)
For not sure? about OC, I would say 550w. If he is going to OC, better look at 650w or above depends on how crazy he would go with OC. Point to note, Ryzen 3000 is not OCable.
Cabinet of your choice, just make sure it's big enough for everything and have enough ventilation provision.
WD Blue 2TB 7200rpm
Logitech KB/Mouse combo
LG 24" IPS 4k monitor. If he can't afford, he can go for 1080p monitor
This is optional as already he has SSD. Intel 660p 512GB NVME
For video editing rig, most likely he will need after market cooler. CM Hyper 212 Turbo twin fan version.
Have at least 3 case fans in total.

This brings the bottom number close to 125k. Don't get scared.
He can opt for 2x8GB memory, instead of 4k he can go for 1080p monitor, skip NVME drive. This will bring the bottom number under 100k.

AMD Gaming RIG (GTX 1660 6GB)
Budget -105K

Processor -AMD Ryzen 5 3600 -17k
Motherboard -MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC(wifi) -12.2k
Graphics Card -Zotac GTX 1660 6GB -17.8k
RAM -G.Skill SniperX 3600Mhz 16GB DDR4 (8GBx2) -7.5k (prime abgb.com)
CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H60 -5.3k
SSD -Intel 660P 1TB M.2 SSD -8.3k
HDD -WD Caviar Blue 2TB -4.3k
Power Supply -Antec Earthwtts Gold Pro 650w -6.5k
Cabinet -Antec DF500 RGB -4.5k
Monitor -Acer ED322Q 32Inch Full HD Curved Monitor -16.5k (amazon.in)
KB& Mouse -Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L Combo -3.9k
Case Fan -Cooler Master Masterfan MF120L RGB -1.2k
Total -105K

All above component prices are taken from Vedant Computers except otherwise specified.

Graphics Card -Zotac GTX 1660 6GB -17.8k
SSD -Intel 660P 1TB M.2 SSD -8.3k

Since @ajayd has 500GB SSD already, I would suggest skipping Intel SSD and getting GTX 1660 Super for about 21K. GTX1660 Super is very near GTX 1660 Ti in performance. This would also get budget at about 100K :grinning:

can you kindly ellaborate this part please ?
he is from a town in AP, there local photo&videgraphers outsource video editing to freelance video editors.
This brings the bottom number close to 125k. Don't get scared.
He can opt for 2x8GB memory, instead of 4k he can go for 1080p monitor, skip NVME drive. This will bring the bottom number under 100k.
AMD Gaming RIG (GTX 1660 6GB)
Budget -105K

Thank you so much !! I spoke to him now,He is saying 4k hasn't yet became mainstream in his town(Kakinada,AP) so 1080p build is sufficient for now and will upgrade it later. He is prefering i7 8th or 9th gen (because of no past experience with AMD) and if possible he would like to limit the budget to 80k. Can you please modify the build accordingly?

he is from a town in AP, there local photo&videgraphers outsource video editing to freelance video editors.

Thank you so much !! I spoke to him now,He is saying 4k hasn't yet became mainstream in his town(Kakinada,AP) so 1080p build is sufficient for now and will upgrade it later. He is prefering i7 8th or 9th gen (because of no past experience with AMD) and if possible he would like to limit the budget to 80k. Can you please modify the build accordingly?
AMD Ryzen 7 is power efficient than Intel because Intel is still on 12nm tech.
Intel is faster in single core performance while AMD is faster in multi cores. I mean per core.
Your purpose needs AMD Ryzen
But if you want intel then go with
Intel Core i7 8700K -27.9 (mdcomputers)
Asus ROG Strix B365 G-Gaming -8.6k (vedant computers)

Last edited:
Okay change to these,

Stick with 3700X
Board - Asus X570 P
For now stick with 2 x 8GB memory
GPU - GTX 1060 3GB
PSU - Corsair CX450 (Non OC)
Monitor - LG 21" IPS
Skip SSD and after market cooler for now, add when he finds necessary.
Rest of the components are same from my previous post.

This will cost about 85k. For about the same price you can get i7 9700k, but 3700X is about 33% better. If still he wants to go with Intel, that's up to him.
I wouldn't cut anymore than this, if still wants to go lower then... B450 chipset board instead of X570. He's not gonna save much there, about 3-4k max.

AMD Ryzen 7 is power efficient than Intel because Intel is still on 12nm tech.
Intel is faster in single core performance while AMD is faster in multi cores. I mean per core.
Your purpose needs AMD Ryzen
This will cost about 85k. For about the same price you can get i7 9700k, but 3700X is about 33% better. If still he wants to go with Intel, that's up to him.
I wouldn't cut anymore than this, if still wants to go lower then... B450 chipset board instead of X570. He's not gonna save much there, about 3-4k max.

Thank you bros ! I forwarded this thread to him.It's upto him now.He is going to CTC tomorrow.
Post automatically merged:

He went with i7 8700k(intended 8700 but not available),galax 1050 ti 4gb oc,hyperx 32gb 3200mhz ram,gigabyte b365 motherboard which are available at that shop.
550w smps,24 inch lg ips monitor. Total cost 83.6k from Shweta computers,CTC.

He was in a hurry to buy it today and catch the train to home.I hope the build will serve the purpose.

Thank you all for responding and offering guidance !

Last edited:
Thank you bros ! I forwarded this thread to him.It's upto him now.He is going to CTC tomorrow.
Post automatically merged:

He went with i7 8700k(intended 8700 but not available),galax 1050 ti 4gb oc,hyperx 32gb 3200mhz ram,gigabyte b365 motherboard which are available at that shop.
550w smps,24 inch lg ips monitor. Total cost 83.6k from Shweta computers,CTC.

He was in a hurry to buy it today and catch the train to home.I hope the build will serve the purpose.

Thank you all for responding and offering guidance !

why didnt he go with suggested config thats not good.

What is the point in asking for suggestions when he have to buy whatever is available there?
Most components are one time investment for many years so buy whatever is suggested. I have been waiting for many weeks to identify and find parts for my rig as I am not going to change any of them at least for 5 years.

Most components are one time investment for many years so buy whatever is suggested. I have been waiting for many weeks to identify and find parts for my rig as I am not going to change any of them at least for 5 years.
Yeah,I did the same like you when I bought my PC 7yrs ago.Except the cabinet, I bought the exact build suggested to me on this forum and it still works like charm.
I asked him to take some time to understand ryzen processors and different graphic cards for his purpose.Also told him to call the shops and ask for availability and price quotations.If price is less online for any parts ,we can buy them online.But he ignored my suggestion and rushed to buy some build and catch the evening train back to home.Can't help!

Shopkeepers will sell whatever they can where they will get good profit Never trust the shopkeeper (especially Pc shops) Dont change your decision when they force you to buy different products Always follow what is recommended in forum.Well but we cant force anyone your friend fell into the trap.

Shopkeepers will sell whatever they can where they will get good profit Never trust the shopkeeper (especially Pc shops) Dont change your decision when they force you to buy different products Always follow what is recommended in forum.Well but we cant force anyone your friend fell into the trap.
Dont go with middlemen who try to help you assemble. These guys get some commision if they make you buy from their associated shops and what they suggest is crap always. I got cheated the 1st time I bought in CTC, Secunderabad.

Back