Budget 0-20k Need suggestions to buy a laptop for professional purposes.

• What's your Budget? :-0-25 thousand rupees .

• What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? :- Will be used for typical,light professional work scenarios such as surfing the internet,e-mails,docs,occasionally watching movies,etc. Playing games or doing any other CPU/GPU intensive work is not my priority for this laptop.

• What size and weight considerations do you have?:- I do not WANT A HEAVY LAPTOP,PERIOD. I would prefer a foldable laptop with nice viewing angles and colour contrast,like something in between the heavy laptops and foldable notebooks we see nowadays in the mainstream market,that is what I would prefer.

• Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?:-I have had 2 lenovo laptops in the past,both functioned properly well beyond their warranted years, so I guess I would not mind buying from them again. But, I would go for that one brand which gives me the most bangs for my bucks,may it be Lenovo,HP,etc...I never discriminate as a rule, and I make it a priority especially while buying such expensive stuff.Bias is never good for a consumer,competition among brands is,words to live by my friends.

• Any other considerations? :- The screen should preferably have an IPS panel or better[TN panels are a huge no no,1920*1080 res is prefered], I would not mind bezels[not that one should care about that in this budget anyway],but a large screen to body ratio would be preferable,but it should not hinder the over-all build quality of the laptop.The laptop should be able to go for 6-8 hours on full charge[preferably screen-on time],seeing as it will not be used for heavy work loads.Summarizing what have I just said here and above, I want a laptop that is neither too heavy nor too light,with a nice screen,touchpad with WINDOWS PRECISION DRIVERS[this one comes highly recommended from Dave2D :p],has a strong build quality[preferably mostly aluminium,but I guess plastic is ok too], and has a nice grip for one/two handed usage[two handed usage is more important].

Acer Spin 1 Pentium Quad Core - (4 GB/500 GB HDD/Windows 10 Home) SP111-31 2 in 1 Laptop (11.6 inch, Turquoise Blue, 1.5 kg) Full HD IPS Foldable laptop ₹25,990
https://www.flipkart.com/acer-spin-...aptop/p/itmez3frmpxmwhn8?pid=COMEZ3FRWXDWDRYC

Bro,this is just what I was looking for in my laptop. It checks each and every one of my boxes- IPS Full HD display,Windows 10,360 degree foldable,nice battery backup,etc . It is described on the flipkart page that the RAM can be upgraded to 8 GB DDR, which is good[not that it is required] , but I would definitely will want to replace that 500 GB HDD[the only negative I found] with at least one TB later on down the road.

I will update when I get this laptop, or find any other that meets the same criteria or better than this one in my restricted budget ofc .

I have said 0-25,but do not worry about that too much.I ' am willing to stretch it to 26-28, and maybe even 30K,if I think it is worth it.[DOUBLEPOST=1518684212][/DOUBLEPOST]
Put SSD instead of 1TB drive and you will be amazed by performance difference it brings.

The prices these SSD's and M.2's are going for....I would rather buy a 1 TB 2.5 HDD,keeping in mind the price to storage factor.

Acer Spin 1 Pentium Quad Core - (4 GB/500 GB HDD/Windows 10 Home) SP111-31 2 in 1 Laptop (11.6 inch, Turquoise Blue, 1.5 kg) Full HD IPS Foldable laptop ₹25,990
https://www.flipkart.com/acer-spin-...aptop/p/itmez3frmpxmwhn8?pid=COMEZ3FRWXDWDRYC

Can you also recommend some 'normal' laptops which aren't that heavy for day-to-day usage in the 20-30K range[DOS/Windows 10], the problem is, I like the 2-in-1 laptop, but my brother who is going to use the laptop also needs MS office[he does not like WPS/libreoffice], which obviously does not come with windows 10 Home subscription, so I guess a DOS platform would do me good here,but be free to recommend any win10 laptops/2-in-1's too.

Okay that post is confusing. Who wants the laptop? And what weight are you looking at? 1.5KG is nothing in weight. Most normal laptops come around 2+ KG's.

Or is it that both you and your brother want to use the laptop and you like a hybrid foldable version while he likes a simple version?

regarding MSoffice, that 25k laptop comes with windows 10 home. so i think we can install office on it. If that's not enough, you can just put in windows 10 pro key in the upgrade dialog box and it will just upgrade to windows 10 pro. office 365 or something online is like 3k subscription for a year. lots of options there.

I had recommended this Asus laptop before in another thread.

Asus Vivobook X541UA-DM1358D (Intel i3 7100U (7th Gen)/4 GB DDR4/1TB/Intel HD Graphics/DOS) - Silver - 15.6" FHD Anti Glare - 1.9Kgs- Rs.28,465.00

Another one:
Asus Vivobook X541Ua-Dm1232D Intel I3 7100U(7Th Gen)/4 Gb Ddr4/1Tb/Dos (Silver) - 15.6" FHD Anti Glare - 1.9Kgs- Rs.27,185

Last edited:
So,these are the 2 laptops that I have finalized,taking into account I will not require a beefy processor(and with intels leaky processors aka meltdown), I have decided to opt for 2 AMD laptops :-

1)
Lenovo APU Dual Core A9 6th Gen - (4 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home) Yoga 510 2 in 1 Laptop
http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/lenovo-ap...p?pid=COMETFMTUAZ8VFWS&cmpid=product.share.pp

This is a 2 in 1 laptop with a 1920*1080 display.

2)http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/dell-insp...p?pid=COMEQG4QJRKEDSQQ&cmpid=product.share.pp

This laptop has the 7th gen amd processor(A9) and 6 GB of ram,but is a normal laptop with 1360*something(not a FHD display).

I am gravitating more towards the first laptop(2 in 1) as it has a FHD display.

But,still give me your opinions on which laptop you think I should get.

AMD A9-9410 is 7th Gen processor according to AMD website. Even then its performance is lower than Intel Celeron N3700 processor. i3/ i5 are miles ahead of it. Even with performance hit (after the processor patches are rolled out) if you get an i3 6th or 7th gen processor, it will still be much more faster than AMD in this foldable laptop. just 4GB ram and on top of that Windows 10 which requires lots of ram.

i won't even consider buying AMD laptops. i already have amd cpu and gpu. but no - not a laptop. too much difference in price to performance ratio here.

Okay, I have a little different experience with AMD.
I am currently on AMD A10 processor, I have been using it for past 1 year for all of my assignments and maintaining my website.
I Don't see any lags but I do notice a little Heat don't know is it with all processor or just with my laptop.

According to your needs, AMD processor will be a great choice you cant differentiate between AMD and Intel until you are doing some extreme graphics tasks.

Now coming to your both exceptional choices,

If I were in your place, I would have gone for the Lenovo one it really looks cool and is a perfect business laptop.

But of course your money your decision!

Pro tip - Never waste your time on comparing Intel vs AMD

Back