Need to access Wired Computer through Wireless Router..

sgx100

Adept
Hi,

I have an old desktop with a LAN CARD running XP SP2.

I use BSNL ADSL modem wired to My Netgear Router for WiFi access.

The Desktop is wired to the WiFi router through one of the RJ-45 ports.

Is there any way I can see shares files on My Wired computer through WiFi from another Computer connected to the WiFi Network.

Thank...Help would be much appreciated :)

Not sure if XP has it, but AD-HOC connection can be created. But it is damn slow in transferring data. A 1 GB file takes like 12-15 minutes. I tried it on my Netbook and workstation but transfer speeds were pathetic.

You can give this a go, it just emulates Ad-hoc and makes it easy to connect. But again the file transfer speeds were bad.

Just fiddled around with some settings and strangely it worked the very 1st time.
Not sure about transfer speeds..I will check it up.

Thanks for your suggestions :)

Long time asingh..
asingh said:
Not sure if XP has it, but AD-HOC connection can be created. But it is damn slow in transferring data. A 1 GB file takes like 12-15 minutes. I tried it on my Netbook and workstation but transfer speeds were pathetic.

You can give this a go, it just emulates Ad-hoc and makes it easy to connect. But again the file transfer speeds were bad.

asingh said:
^^
Which option you tried. Connectify or AD-HOC on Windows...?
Dunno...Dont have strong Networking Technicals :S

I just pushed RJ 45 from LAN CARD to pone of the networking ports in wifi Router and just shared the folders on Win XP machine.
I searched for the Computer from My laptop and Vella ...I did find the shares.

Though transfer speeds are 2 mbps .. Too Slow...But its OK for me as I had to just transfer around 40 GB.

Did you manage to find something better ?

asingh said:
^^
Which option you tried. Connectify or AD-HOC on Windows...?
Dunno...Dont have strong Networking Technicals :S

I just pushed RJ 45 from LAN CARD to pone of the networking ports in wifi Router and just shared the folders on Win XP machine.
I searched for the Computer from My laptop and Vella ...I did find the shares.

Though transfer speeds are 2 mbps .. Too Slow...But its OK for me as I had to just transfer around 40 GB.

Did you manage to find something better ?

Back